Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have use Outlook to send and receive EMails, input and

Customer Question

I have use Outlook to send and receive EMails, input and manage my calendar, etc. Lately when I click on Outlook, I get only the full screen instead of the compact screen where I could adjust the size, etc. When I click minimize in the top right corner,
it becomes a tiny portion on the task bar. I have tried changing the size in the "View" screen, but it's not changing the screen. The view shows it as compact. Where do I go from here? How can I return the home page to the compact screen?
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for an EMail or phone call. When may I expect to be contacted by Just Answer?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try clicking the 'double-square' icon at the upper right, but not quite at the upper right corner - it should be just to the left of the red X. That will return it to the 'restored' size that isn't minimized and isn't full-screen.

This should work barring unusual circumstances... let me know if e.g. you have an Android handheld.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell,Thanks for your response. Yes, the answer you provided usually works, but not this time. When I click on the double square icon it closes the view and gives me about maybe about an 1 /2" of the task bar. Then to get view back, I must click on the task bar and I get the full screen again. I have tried closing Outlook and restarting it and I get the same results. Any more ideas?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

When you have that 1/2 " of task bar visible, where is it located? in a little bar at the bottom or near the bottom of the screen? or at the side of the screen somewhere?

Also, are you on a Windows PC, or an Apple computer, or maybe some kind of tablet or handheld?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That 1 1/2"task bar appears at the top right corner of the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a Windows PC.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, the 'restored' bar isn't a window at all, then.

What icons are in the 'restored' bar? And is one of them an X and another one a square, or is it a double-square, as well as one that looks like an underline _ ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the restored 1 1/2 " bar there are 4 symbols. They are O (Outlook), - , square box, X.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. This is a problem that is common enough with Outlook.

Go to Control Panel, then go to

Display

then go to

Change the size of all items

and if it is set to 150%, that is the problem: too large a size on too small a screen results in Outlook windows having only two sizes: down to almost nothing, or full-screen.

Set it to 100 %, then click on Apply.