Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can I change window 10 back to 8

Customer Question

can I change window 10 back to 8
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

If you have a lot of problems encountered after upgrading to Windows 10, then yes, within a limited time, you can roll back to your previous version of Windows. The roll back feature will only work if you have upgraded just recently, or to be specific, not more than a month. If it is more than a month already then your Windows 10 is final and you need to completely reinstall your previous version of Windows if you do not want to continue with Windows 10.

In order to roll back to your previous version of Windows, do these steps:

1. Click the Start menu (windows logo button)
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
  4. If you are still eligible for rollback, then you should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
  5. Follow the on screen procedures. If you are using a laptop, please make sure that you are NOT running on battery to ensure that the entire process is completed.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess