Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

2 part question: 1. When building a graph in Excel from a

Customer Question

2 part question: 1. When building a graph in Excel from a pivot table with 9 columns of data, if I want to build a chart that that just has the data from the first column as the X-axis, and the data from the 5th and 6th column as the Y-axis, can I select
just those columns without selecting the intervening 2nd, 3rd and 4th columns and having to delete the info from the graph? 2. The data I'm trying to select is all in dollars, but of wildly different values, one column is average dollar cost of individual
items over a period of time, so the averages hover around$40-$50, and the other column is Total dollar amount sold over the same period so the totals are in the tens of thousands of dollars range. How do I make a graph that shows meaningful fluctuations in
those amounts to be able to compare average sale price to total sale value? Can I modify the Y-axis to display amounts from $20-$80 and then cut out the middle and resume displaying say $10k-$15k? That way the data points over time for both sets don't appear
as simply a flat line at the top and bottom of a large span?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Michael

I can help you with your question....is there a way you can screenshot the error/problem for me to look into it.