Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Why can't someone at Microsoft fix the jump lists in windows

Customer Question

why can't someone at Microsoft fix the jump lists in windows 10 so the user can choose how many documents show up. Seems so minor. Infuriating.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you mean with Jump List?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the taskbar I have programs - Word, Excel, etc. In windows 7 and 8 I could designate how many documents would show up in the taskbar ... from 10 to 60. Not so with W10. I have changed the registry as others have suggested, added registries as others have suggested. Have found where other people have asked the same question only to be told ... its a Microsoft issue. So my question is ... why can't someone at Microsoft fix the jump list issue that people all over the internet are complaining about. I can't imagine it being that hard. I'm almost at the point of going back to W8 with Classic Shell installed just so I can have my jump lists back.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that and yes it should have been left in, but it not currently in this build. We are only technical support here, I cannot say sorry why they choose to not add it in this release. But based on past experiences, they would have had a problem with it in the official release so have left it out for now.

I cannot say Why someone at Microsoft in the developers group has not implemented it yet, only that it will be released in a future update.

Feel free to ask please if you would like any additional information please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate your honest answer without hurting your ratings but not paying $37 for no help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you dont rate then but request a refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Thanks