Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Multi-page document w/2007 Word and printing on a Brother

Customer Question

For a multi-page document w/2007 Word and printing on a Brother MFC-8710d when printing on the booklet option, you get four (4) pages to a sheet of paper. When pages are printed and then cut, the page 4 of that particular page is on the reverse side of page 1 with page 4 on the reverse side of page 2.
Needless to say, this does not allow you to print a booklet.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

Undoubtedly something is wrong - but, have you described the problem accurately, please? you seem to say that there is no page (3) printout, and that page (4) is printed twice, on the backs of page (1) and page (2) - twice printed page (4), never printed page (3), in other words.

- Is that the case?

- Or is there a page (3) printed at all?

Regardless of that detail:

1. you need to have the proper driver for the printer installed and used.

2. you need the settings (and the paper size) to agree, among the printer (and the tray or paper source on it which you are using), the computer's Windows (or MAC OS X in Apple computers), and the MS Word or other application too.

So for me to advise you in detail, I need to know, please: Whether you have a Windows PC or an Apple computer, and what settings you are using, and what paper size too (it might matter.)

And also whether the page (3) is not printing, and page (4) twice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Word 2007 - Windows 8 - Printer MFC-8710DW (The printer is only about 6 months old) (Note - Had the same model printer prior to getting the new one and it worked correctly with the same operating system and Word 2007)
Set to Print 'Booklet'
On the front side of the 1st page, it prints Page 2 on the Left and Page 1 on the Right. On the Back side of that page, it prints Page 4 on the Left and Page 3 on the right. When the page is cut it has Page 1 on the front of the booklet page and the back side is Page 4. The second page of the booklet has Page 2 on the front and Page 3 on the back side.
The second full page to be printed has Page 6 on the left and Page 5 on the Right. On the back side of this page, it only showed a partial page 8 on the left with Page 7 printed on the right.
The printer can be set to print like 16 pages of the document in booklet form but will only print the first 8 pages which comes out as 2 pages when printed in booklet form
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have this problem with the old printer, even once?

Does this new printer work OK in other respects?

Just to make sure: you are printing from MS Word 2007, is that correct?