Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I just successfully signed up .com but, after several

Customer Question

Hello:
I just successfully signed up for Outlook.com but, after several attempts, I still cannot get my Outlook 2007 software to be able to send/receive messages via my Outlook.com account. I followed Microsoft's instructions and downloaded Outlook Connector and entered the required info but no success receiving or sending. I get a message oX80042109 "Outlook cannot connect to outgoing email server (SMTP)"
Jan Cooper
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jan and welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

After you installed the outlook connector. When you restarted the computer. And started outlook 2007, did you see this screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see the screen you are referring to
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, the picture didnt seem to go through.

Heres a link to an image of the screen in question.

http://osiprodeaodcspstoa01.blob.core.windows.net/en-us/media/ccebacbc-4494-4fd3-9871-0029783cea60.gif