Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

Updated to 10 online & it keeps trying to update driver but

Customer Question

updated to 10 online & it keeps trying to update driver but only gets so far & locks up also display only appears when starting up then trying to go on net just leaves a blank page
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, I need to know if when you turn the computer on, can you boot into windows normally?

Is it only when you try to launch a web browser , such as edge, firefox, or chrome. That the screen goes blank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chrome works but a window flash often states AMD display driver stopped responding but has recovered.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood. You may have an MD graphics card that cant handle windows 10. Lets try to update your display driver though, as that is the main method of solving this issue.

To upgrade, go to this link

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Download and install the Auto detect tool from that page.

When you run that tool, it should identify your graphics card, and then let you install an update. Let it download and install any updates it finds.

And once installed, restart your computer.

Whether this works or not please send a reply. if it doesnt work, let me know if you were able to get the autodetect tool running. And if so. Did it find an update for your AMD graphics card or did it say it couldnt find an update.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.