How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jess M. Your Own Question
Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Category: Microsoft Office
Satisfied Customers: 6490
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Type Your Microsoft Office Question Here...
Jess M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Husband Jeremy Chad, Died May 31, 2015. I want to have s

Customer Question

My Husband Jeremy Chad Edwards, Died May 31, 2015. I want to have his account closed on facebook. My phone number is(###) ###-####and my email address is***@******.***. Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Regarding your request, I believe you need to do it yourself or with the help of family members since Facebook needs information that only you or your family member can provide. The process is called by Facebook as "Memorialization".

So all you need to do is fill out the needed information in the Memorialization page, submit a proof of death as Facebook calls it, then your husband's account will be removed or deactivated.

Now, to file that Memorialization form, please click on this link:

<Memorialization Request>

To know more about what happens when an account is memorialized, here is the link:

<What Happens to Memorialized Accounts>

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.


How is it going? I am just trying to follow up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Were you able to submit the memorialization request using the procedures I gave you?

If you need further assistance, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,