NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

On Tuesday the 11th I received a phony email from a friend

Customer Question

On Tuesday the 11th I received a phony email from a friend of mine asking for financial aid. The same day I got an email from mg.mail.yahoo.com asking me if I had requested "account termination". There was a link for me to respond to the question. I did so as I had not made any such request. The problem is that I haven't received any emails since that time. How do I get my email account restored so I'm able to receive emails again? Thanks for any help you can give me. John Heese
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this was all a scam and when you replied to that email, they got your account details and messed your account up.
We can fix this though.
First, can you still sign into your account?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,