Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Excel 2012, Windows 10, i5 Intel core I used to have the

Customer Question

Excel 2012, Windows 10, i5 Intel core
I used to have the ability to have my spread sheet change the font color RED when the comparison to the in this weeks column was less than the number of the previous week. if in the third week the number increased the function would color it black again. I forgot how I did it and I need to refresh my template. I think it is one of the FX functions since it is not in the cell formula. Is there a Fx that changes font color when the results are giing down and in next weeks column increase, it changes again.
Randy Roody
Pet4erborough NH 8/11/15
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
changing colors is done via conditional formatting in Excel for color changes based on formulas and calues.
To use this, you click on home, Conditional Formatting.
you will want to base this on a formula that you would right (if the sum of the column was less then the previous week) so for example =A:A>B:B
This of course is dependent on the columns and cells you are using.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you