Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

New form - how do I shorten the vertical left margin line?

Customer Question

Jason - new form - how do I shorten the vertical left margin line?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the left margin, the actual vertical line, or something else?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that vertical line that runs between the numbers and the paragraphs.
Some pages have less verbiage and we want the line to stop where the verbiage stops, but the numbers to continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still thinking??

Yes, I am still thinking. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k, I'll wait

Thank you for your patience. I don't know what that line is. It's not a page border, it's not from the tracking changes function, etc. I will opt out and allow another to help you. Thank you.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can provide you with additional assistance. I investigated the document that you had uploaded. I did find the source of the line. The line is coming from the table that is formatting the page. If you go to the table column with the numbers in it along the left edge, you will see that each cell for a border has the outline on the right side of the cell. Right now, the only way to take that out is to remove the border from the cell, but I don't think that's going to leave you with exactly what you want. That is, unless you insert a row in the table just for that purpose. Otherwise removing the right border will involve removing the border from cells that you want to keep the line on. I can provide you additional help this is just my thought on what's going on.