Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

HBO. Switches back to home page automatically

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

How are you watching HBO? On your home TV via a cable box? On a windows computer via the HBO go website?

On an HBO Go app on your Xbox, PS4, Or iphone, Ipad, android phone, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on iPad connected to cable. Everything else works fine.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

To clarify, you are using the HBO go app , on your ipad.. Is that correct?

Is this your first time trying to use the HBO go app on the ipad? Or, was it working previously on the Ipad and now its no longer working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I asked three questions.. Can you please send your reply again with a bit more detail.

If I have to assume what you are saying in your answers, the repair steps I suggest will be less likely to work, since they are based on assumptions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wrong it has been working fine for a period, I may be the free trial, if so I assumed they would continue and charge accordingl
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the HBO go app on your ipad has been working fine. And now it isnt?

In that case heres what we need to do.

Delete the HBO Go app.. Once deleted, perform this reset.

Hold down the sleep / wake and home button for about 15 seconds, or until it asks you to turn off the ipad. Turn it off, then turn it back on.

Then download and install the HBO go app again from here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hbo-go/id429775439?mt=8

Once installed, you should be able to sign into your account and watch HBO again.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.