NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Recently installed Windows 10. Cannot print MS Works

Customer Question

Recently installed Windows 10. Cannot print MS Works documents.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Chris. When you try to print from Works, does it display the Printer Dialog box and then just does not print?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It displays the printer dialog box.
The printer (HP Officejet Pro K5400) acts like it is going to print but doesn't.

This might sound simple but are you sure that the HP Officejet Pro K5400 printer is selected versus a possible HP Officejet Pro K5400 fax?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never use fax. Like I said in my original question, I have no trouble printing MS Word documents, etc.

Do you by any chance have the HP Officejet Pro K5400 install disk? It might be worth removing the printer from the programs menu and re-installing from Disk, in the case of Windows 10 installing new drivers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try uninstalling the printer. When I reconnect it will Windows 10 install the appropriate drivers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reinstalled the printer driver from windows. Still have the same problem. MS Works documents will not print. Word documents will print.

Sorry, I have to opt out and another expert should get in touch with you shortly

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was gone most of the weekend. I still have the same problem. I can print Word documents but not Works documents. Are you familiar with windows 10? I could give you remote access if you think that would help, but I have only been using windows 10 for a week and have no idea how to grant access.
I am familiar with Windows 10.
Please, post a message here when you are ready to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP corrected my problem. I appreciate your attempt to help me. I would hope that I am not going to be charged $32 for the assistance that didn't correct my problem. If I am, I will send copies of my contacts with justanswer to the Michigan
attorney general's office fraud division. Thanks for your response.
Respectfully, Jim
I will send up the refund request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your efforts to try to resolve my problem. Jim
Thank you.