R. Michael
R. Michael, MIS Analyst
Experience:  Masters of Info. Systems; 10+ years using Microsoft Office.
71693728

I would like to give all employees a 1.00 increase (part in

Customer Question

I would like to give all employees a 1.00 increase (part in Oct and part in July). What is the formulas to complete this task?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you doing this in Microsoft Excel? Are you using Excel 2007, 2010 or 2013?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2013
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is based on a fiscal year of Feb to Jan.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Can you send me a sample of your Excel file so that I can directly check how you organized your data and provide a solution to your problem?

Just need sample of your data, just a few so that I can directly work on it. You can attach it here when you reply using the paper clip icon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would need to know the increase amounts for Oct 2015 and April 2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't send any data out. You can pick an amount like $10.00 an hour.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I understand your decision of not sending sample data. In order to help you with this, I need to know how your Excel sheet is organized and how the TOTAL is being computer.

Tell me which columns in your Excel file have data that affects the calculation of the salary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not created anything as of yet.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh ok... So you mean you will be starting from scratch?

Are you computing the monthly salary of your employees and payroll or pay day is every 15 days?

Is your Excel sheet calculating their time and attendance to compute for their hours of work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just based on Base rate per an hour.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a sample salary calculation there to show me your data and information sources in the calculation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your number?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but we cannot exchange contact information here as it is against site policy.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support since I am not from the same country as you are. If you want phone support, I will opt out now so that my fellow experts who provide phone support can call you.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx
Expert:  R. Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi My Name is***** would be happy to assist you with this question. I will post a spreadsheet shortly with a method of calculating the process.
Expert:  R. Michael replied 1 year ago.
See link to file: https://app.box.com/s/fh2o60um45zqh3bd2hdk33au3p8l0h5y
Yellow cells indicate data entry cells where white (no-fill) indicate cells with formulas.
There are 3 tabs
BaseStartingPay - Where you would enter EmployeeID, Employee Name, Start Date, Starting Pay; as well as Pay Date( This pay rates will reflect as of that date )
GeneralIncrease = Is where you enter the increase for all employees.
EmployeePayIncreases - Is where you can enter Individual pay increases.
Notes:
Dates are very important. ie: If an employee starts 08/01/2015 they would not reflect the $0.50 cents increase entered on 07/01/2015,
EmployeeID is important too. Since names can duplicate or have spelling issues, values are looked up by the EmployeeID rather than name.
Please review and let me know if you see any errors or miscalculations. I will be happy to adjust formatting and or any errors as you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I took a glance at the spreadhshert last night. I will review it tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  R. Michael replied 1 year ago.
No Problem, let me know if there are any changes you need and if this workbook suits your needs.