Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

What formula or function does he put in Column F that will

Customer Question

What formula or function does he put in Column F that will show the total expenses for each day?
- What formula or function does he put in columns B through F in Row 13 that will give him the total expenses for the week in each category?
- Bill wants the entry in Column G to remind him of expenses that require receipts for the accountant. Tell Bill what to put in Column G to do this:
Print the word “Yes” in any row where the total daily expenses are greater than or equal to $100.00.
If the daily expenses total is less than $100.00, leave the Column G entry for that row blank.
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please download the PDF attachment of this question, to have a better look at it. this is the download link: http://expirebox.com/download/8c7633baaa8940eefaed9c24dacd2ecb.html
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I got the PDF file. Please give me a moment to answer the 3 questions you posted.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, take your time.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I will also create the Excel sheet for you to see the formula in action :)

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

To answer your 3 questions:

1. What formula or function does he put in Column F that will show the total expenses for each day? ANS: He needs to use the SUM function for the range B to E starting with B5 to E5. Sample formula for F5 is:
    =SUM(B5:E5)
  2. What formula or function does he put in columns B through F in Row 13 that will give him the total expenses for the week in each category? ANS: He needs to use the SUM function for the row range 5 to 11 like B5 to B11. Sample formula for B13 is:
    =SUM(B5:B11)
  3. For this part, he needs to use the IF function that tests the value in F (Daily Total) if it is greater than or equal to 100. If it is, then print True, else, leave bank. The sample formula for G5 is:
    =IF(F5>=100,"Yes","")

Here is the sample file to see this formulas in action:

http://filesxpress.com/d-c250d84e

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess