Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I accidentally lost all my posts and comments from last Wednesday

Customer Question

I accidentally lost all my posts and comments from last Wednesday through yesterday. I need them restored. Our dog had to be put down. Can you help me!!! Please!!!
Category: Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an appointment with my online person. Where is he??????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see them on my phone but not my IPad
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I'm not sure who specifically you had an appointment with, but I don't see anything in your question history showing that you were working with someone else. I also see you have requested phone support. If you still need help with this issue I am sending the phone support offer now. Once accepted, please provide your phone number in the "enter contact info" section. And then send a reply letting me know you have accepted the offer so I can call you. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid 36.00 for you to answer me I am not paying more money. Can you help me or not. The posts are showing up on my laptop and my phone but that is all.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
You requested phone support so I sent you the offer for phone support. If you do not want to pay more then we need to discuss this issue via written word. To start with, when you mention that posts are not showing up. What website are those posts supposed to be on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had posted IOS photos and posts on Facebook and I accidentally went to delete an IOS picture that shouldn't have been with it and all of a sudden all of my posts from Wednesday on disappeared. They are still showing up on my timeline on my laptop and phone but they are completely gone from my timeline on my ipad. My precious dog had to be put down on Friday and I need those photos and comments. They bring me comfort. It seems people can still see them but I can't on my Ipad and if I go to see a new comment, I have to go to the post and see it, I can't just pull it up with the notification. What did I do and how can I fix it!
When I asked for phone help, I didn't realize it cost more!!! I already paid 36 and I don't even know if you can help me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there???
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Rest assured, if I cannot help you. You will receive a full refund. I am results driven and will ensure were able to fix this issue. Also , thank you for your patience, and the clear explanation of what is occurring and where. I am ready to try some initial repair steps with you. Before you read below and start the repairs, a few notes. These initial steps could work, but they may not. If you cannot complete the steps please send a detailed reply letting me know where you get stuck at.If you can complete the steps and they do not work. Please send a reply so I can suggest our next repair steps.If you complete these steps and they do work, please send a reply so we can mark this issue as resolved. Now for the repair steps. Lets focus on the ipad. To start with, hold down the sleep/wake button and the Home button for 20 seconds.. Or until you see the apple logo on screen. Then release the buttons and turn the ipad off, then back on. Once its back on, follow this short & simple guide to clear the cache cookies and data from safari on your ipad.http://www.howtogeek.com/205653/how-to-clear-history-cache-and-cookies-in-safari-on-iphone-or-ipad/ Once complete. Launch safari on your ipad. Sign into your correct facebook account. Can you now see the missing posts? If so, then what we need to do next is remove your facebook app from the ipad, clear its data, and reinstall it. But I will stop here for now, and ensure we can complete the above steps and t hat they have the desired results. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This won't erase what I have on my iphone or laptop though will it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tried turning it off and re booting so I will try the clearing I just don't want to lose it on my phone
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I am suggesting will affect your phone or laptop. As long as you only do the steps I suggest, I can guarantee that nothing will be changed except on the ipad. D.S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
If you run into trouble at any point, I'm here. And keep me posted as to what the results are when you can! D.S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says clearing will clear everything from my Icloud account. That will wipe out everything
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Did you follow the exact steps I mentioned. All we are trying to do is go into safaris settings. And clear only safari on your ipads settings. Did you make a wrong turn somewhere? We need to go to Settings > Safari and then choose Clear Website data. IS that where you are at ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it says clearing history will remove history cookies and other browsing data and under that it says history will be cleared from devices signed into your icloud devices signed into your icloud account
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You are in the right area. please proceed~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not if it will take out all of my icloud stuff
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Do you use Safari on your iphone, or mac? And if you do, do you ever clear the cache and cookies when safari misbehaves? This isnt wiping out icloud. Its only clearing the safari browsers cookies and cache. This will not erase anything on facebook, or erase any of your stored contacts or anything else on Icloud. I understand you are concerned about your data as you should be. From here going forward Im going to ask that you give me the benefit of the doubt when I make repair suggestions. **Remember once you clear safari. Restart t he ipad. Then on the ipad use Safari specifically, to log back into your facebook account ( on the ipad ) Then.. Check and see if your posts are showing. If they are. We will next focus on the Facebook app on the ipad.**
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never had any trouble with Safari so I have never cleared it on any of my stuff. I am terrified. If I lose what I have I will die. Maybe I should just be glad it is still on my phone and lap top and leave it alone
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I cannot help you, if you dont trust me to do the work you contracted me to do. So either you trust me or were stuck. Its impossible for me to help you if you second guess what I suggest even after Ive assured you that these steps are needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I turn off my Icloud on other devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do this. I am sorry.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Turning off icloud on the other devices will cause a lot of undesired effects. And it wont make a difference to the facebook issue. Nor will it change or have any effect on the outcome of the step I suggested.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im going to opt out of this question. No one anywhere can help you if you argue and disagree with the steps they suggest. I work 18 hours a day in tech support and I am very good at my job. I could have helped you. Im sorry that you couldnt see that. This link will be of assistance to you. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund