Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

I am running MS Office 2013 on Win 7 PC. I just had to replace

Customer Question

I am running MS Office 2013 on Win 7 PC. I just had to replace the hard drive and reinstalled Office 365. I use iCloud and in Outlook I have the local contact file and the iCloud contact file. I want the iCloud contact file to be the contact file that opens when I go to find a contact, but the local file is the one that defaults. I can then change it to fine the contact, but I want the search to first open the iCloud contact file. somewhere deep in the preferences or default there is a place to tell Outlook to first search the iCloud contact file, but I can't find it. where is it?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. There is a way to change your default calendar so that it will synchronize correctly with iCloud – actually, just making the iCloud calendar the default calendar will solve this. However, there is not a simple solution to syncing contacts since contacts is not part of the email protocols – so the contact implementation every company does is different. So as much as it seems that it should be a standard part of email it just isn't. So contacts are always a little messy I guess you could say. IOS and OS X of course want you to have them on iCloud, and android systems want you to have them on your Google email account, and Microsoft would like you to have them on their Outlook.com contacts list. And the only way to bring them together really is by using a third-party product that does this exclusively. Now this is not the only way to do this but in my opinion it is the best and the easiest to implement. There's a third-party software that does this flawlessly. And when Microsoft changed their software or when the cloud service changes their EPI, you don't have to worry about things changing on you. The software is not expensive. It is called companion link. And they are at the following site: http://bitli.es/Wkd9oZ