Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have been using Microsoft Office since it became available.

Customer Question

I have been using Microsoft Office since it became available. Now I need my Microsoft number to enter in a new laptop-tablet. I no longer have the number required. Can you tell me what it is or tell me how to find it?
Jo Allen Bradham
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Do you have access to your older laptop where you originally had the office installed? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have had several computers since the initial use.
How was the MS Office purchased initially?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On discs.
Is the license/serial number, not there on the discs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the problem. I don't know where the discs are because I have moved several times.
In that case; it will be really difficult for us to even contact Microsoft and ask for a new key because we do not have any information to provide to them. Here's what we could have done: If we had the discs, we would have been able to contact Microsoft, if we had access to the computer where it was originally installed, we could have retrieved the key but since we do not have anything; we cannot retrieve the key but what you can do is instead of purchasing the retail version of Office; get Office 365 which is a lot cheaper. https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/office OR if you don't want to buy then we can use OpenOffice or LibreOffice which are free. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be using--of necessity--on the new Acer something called ABOffice. I don't think I have the option of Open Office or Libre Office.
I can set this up for you. Would you like me to remotely connect and do this as that will be easier to get you up and running quickly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, please
Okay. Please click the link below and run the downloaded program.https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=777134
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get this to the Acer? I am writing you from my desktop.
On the Acer; go to www.logmein123.comType the code: 687557Click Start Downloadand then run the downloaded program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You make it sound easy. I hope it works.
I just need to get connected; everything else will be taken care of by me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm taking so long. I entered the logein part, but nothing asked for the code. I have just bought the Acer and know little about using it.
Hold windows key and press R on the Acer.Type iexplore.exe and Click OKIn the address bar; type the complete address which is www.logmein123.comOnce done; you should see a box asking for the code. Let me know when you see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have been very helpful, but I think I will cancel this session. I know I have to pay. Thanks
Are you able to login to your email on the acer?