Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I am a 65 YO grandmother. I have had FB account .

Customer Question

I am a 65 YO grandmother. I have had FB account for years. My adult son ***** ***** has been removing pictures from my FB account and I have been getting notices that I have posted pictures that are not allowd. In truth he posted these pictures to my account over the years and now he is angry at me ad removing them and false reporting. What can I do about it? I'm contacting you before an attorney.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent support website.
I can help you stop the reports from coming in but there are certain steps we need to take. Im not sure how familiar you are with facebook's account and settings pages. If you would prefer , I can either call you over the phone and / or connect to your computer from here so I can help you make the needed changes.
Or, I can try to guide you via written support instead.
I await your response.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sure need more than this for my money. Not happy with this service at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not buying anything else will contact FBCorporate or local attorney.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Good luck contacting Facebook corporate. Unless you are an investor I seriously doubt they will speak with you. With that being said, I responded to you within 4 minutes of you asking your question. You never responded back until 2 minutes ago. If you want help. you must participate in this conversation. I will repost my earlier message to you, and I do hope you respond. "" I can help you stop the reports from coming in but there are certain steps we need to take. Im not sure how familiar you are with facebook's account and settings pages. If you would prefer , I can either call you over the phone and / or connect to your computer from here so I can help you make the needed changes. Or, I can try to guide you via written support instead. I await your response. Dustin S.""
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honey it is not you....it is me. I can operate computer but other people have to do servicing for me. I will wait until Ashley my secretary is here and she can work with you on it. I was not fully understanding that advice is all you do. I've contacted before and they fixed problem on their end. Thank you and have nice day.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I can do more then advice. I can connect to your computer and help you change the needed settings in person, on screen. Or, if you are uncomfortable having someone else connect to your computer. I can tell you what needs to be done. Theres only one real way to stop the other persons ability to stop reporting your photos. First, you need to remove them from your friends list. ( this is so they cannot access your photos ) And then for good measure, you want to limit the audience of your past posts to friends only. ( this way people who are not on on your friends list cannot see your photos ) Heres how to limit the audience of past posts to friends only. https://www.facebook.com/help/236898969688346 Once you have done that, theres a final step. Go to facebook, and view your picture albums. And then change each album to a friends only album, ( not public ) Public items have the small icon of t he earth or globe. Where friends only have the friends symbol ( i.e. the silhouette of a persons shoulders ) Once you have done all of the above, whenever you post something going forward make sure you choose friends only.. And if you do that, no one will be able to report your pictures because they wont be able to see them. And if someone is reporting your pictures at that point. Then you know its someone on your friends list and you can remove the likely offender. If you would like to have ashley speak with me, or write back to me thats fine. I can help her carry out the needed steps above, just make sure that ashley has access to your facebook account and password ***** order to make the needed changes. Thank you, ***** and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This would all be wonderful. Ashley is on vaction and will be in as soon as she gets back from beach. I'm going to save all this and will be able to contact you back directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The culpit is my son he lives in San Antonio, Texas I've added extra security and changed codes but he is still at it. I over looked the things he did as teenager but he is adult with 4 children. What he can't control he trys to destroy or hurt!!! I'm done.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry to hear that you are going through this with your family. In the meantime, you could remove him from your facebook page and the perform the step to " limit past audiences" This would prevent him from being able to report any other pictures. With that being said, I look forward to hearing from you and Ashley when shes available. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is not on my FB page but he is computer genius. He could probally hack your system...
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood, and thank you for the warning. Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I wanted to check in on you.
I know you had mentioned we needed to wait till Ashley was back from her vacation.
Any idea when that might be?
Thank you,
Dustin S.