Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

When I try to launch game of thrones I get an error message

Customer Question

When I try to launch game of thrones I get an error message Bad Data Response?
It was working fine before, why am I having issues?
My account is***@******.***
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I will need quite a bit more information though to give you specific advice. What type of computer and operating system are you running this on? Where exactly are you trying to load it from? If you can provide me a link to it that may be helpful as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an HP laptop and I have Windows 8 software. I am loading from my house with wireless connection and have not trouble with connection strength and speed.How do I provide a link?
Just paste the URL here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why have you not called?
Why have I not called where?
Normally we handle the question right here, but if you would like me to offer an additional service for you to will prove, I can call you if you think that's necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had accepted an earlier offer to discuss over phone but if you think we can fix by email, fine.Where do I find the url you requested?
What I'm trying to find out is where exactly you are downloading it from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is from a wireless router off my home charter internet service.I am launching HBO Now from WWW.hbonow.comI can watch the series with my iphones so the wireless signal is good.Can you be more specific as to the URL you are aksing for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the URL you are requestinghttps://www.hbonow.com/sign-in?forwardUrl=https://www.hbonow.com/
That is what I needed. I was trying to find out the source of the content.
The iPhone does have an app for HBO now. What is the other device you are trying to view it on?
Also, through what company do you subscribe? You can subscribe through Apple or through Optimum. If you have subscribed through Apple, you are limited to the iPhone as a device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is through optimum and the device I am having the error I explained earlier is an HP laptop computer on windows 8, I prefer to watch it on the computer, it was working fine before but now I get an error bad data in response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have yet to get a response from my earlie comments
HBO Now is notorious for having problems during times of high demand. Does the problem persist? Also, is it only with game of Thrones, or does it happen with other titles as well.
As a diagnostic measure, can you please download google Chrome and try going to hbonow with the google chrome browser? I'd like to see if the problem is browser specific.