IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Yahoo account no longer accepts my password, which I did

Customer Question

My Yahoo account no longer accepts my password, which I did not change. Customer Care is a useless recording. Any advice on how to get this straightened out?
Mike A
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing!
Please type your Yahoo! e-mail address here and I will check for all available password ***** options.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Is***@******.*** an alias (secondary e-mail address) you created under your Yahoo! account or the actual original Yahoo! e-mail address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is my father's actual primary email address that he has used for years, I just bought him a new desktop with Windows 8.1 and am trying to get him up and going again. No help from Yahoo...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
I rarely see this, but for this Yahoo! account, there are no self-password ***** options available, which means that if you need to reset the password, you will need to go through the Yahoo! support.
I am very sorry to inform you about this.
Have you already tried to contact the Yahoo! support? If so, was it by phone or by e-mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to call and the answer was a recording saying they no longer use the phone in system and referrede to a website. The website resulted in a mssg from Yahoo to contact Yahoo Customer Support. They have created a "Catch 22" of epic proportions!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they sometimes have problems with their contact phone number.
Since calling them doesn't seem to work, I can provide the instructions for you to contact them via on-line contact form. You can submit the request for password ***** and wait until they respond to your contact e-mail address.
Would you like to try that?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any other way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK! Let's try that. Let me know what to do.
Thanks!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Here are the instructions on how to proceed:
1. Click on THIS LINK
2. As Topic, select Password ***** sign in
3. As Sub-topic, select Forgot my password
4. Enter your Yahoo! ID (e-mail address) on the right and click Submit
5. Under the "We're here to help!" section, check if you can see the "Call us" option. If yes, click it and you will see the phone number you can call.
If you don't see the "Call us" options, then click on "Email".
There fill in all the boxes and explain the problem in the "Detailed description of issue" box. Make sure to enter a valid contact e-mail address in the "Email address that you have access to" so that the Yahoo! support can contact you there regarding the status of the problem.
Once you have submitted the form, wait for their response. It is usually within 3 business days, so please be patient.
Good luck!
Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.
If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with the stars).
Thanks,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?