NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have been using WORD and have never had a problem accessin

Customer Question

I have been using WORD for years and have never had a problem accessing my documents.
After accessing WORD I get the following message: "WORD cannot open the existing global template (normal.dotm). When I then attempt opening a document, I get the following message: "The openXML file ............ cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents or the file name might contain invalid characters (for example, V
Thank you for helping
Jurie xxxxx
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of office are you using? What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14.5.2 (150604)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I need an answer to both questions please.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iMac 10.10.2 OS X Yosemite
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Please open this:
: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/
Inside here do you see normal.dotm?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying to help, but all I got from that was a collection of people pretending to be experts like yourself. As a paraplegic sitting in a wheelchair with no technical experience, their advice is beyond me! I also realise that I made a mistake getting in touch with "just answer" as my monthly allowance simply can't afford it. The $5 "deposit" equals R65 (South African Rands). When the local Microsoft office heard about my situation, they arranged for an expert to visit me at home (no fee) and I am sure he will help me. I hope you understand my situation. Regards. Jurie