Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I paid a lot of money Pressure Temperature chart to be

Customer Question

I paid a lot of money for a Pressure Temperature chart to be created on a new R134a refrigerant infused with an additive. The results were just 8 lines of data points- 1 temperature and the resulting pressure. This information, although helpful is insufficient. I need at least 24 corresponding data points. I was told that I could extrapolate the rest from the data I already have. I am told that Excel has such a program capability, is that true?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The implication in that proposition is, that from each line of data, two more lines should be produced.(Or, are the 24 data points supposed to be along the timeline, not the other way?)Anyway, there is a function in Excel, to extrapolate more data from a graph. With the graph displayed, click on theTrendlinebutton in the toolbar at the top, then go down in that pulldown menu toMore Trendline Options.Select 'Logarithmic' and adjust the timelineas desired (in your case, I would guess, in the Forecast figure, choose 16, for 16 more points extrapolated from those 8, where 8+16=24 total data points.)The additional data should appear. Let me know how this works for you. If you mean a different kind of extrapolated data, not along the timeline for instance, let me know, and I can double-check as to whether Excel can do that sort of extrapolation. And I like to hear whether my advice has worked. Thanks.