Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am using Outlook 2007 and have set up an e-mail. When I send

Customer Question

I am using Outlook 2007 and have set up an e-mail. When I send the test, it goes to the main sight of that e-mail address but doesn't come into Outlook. How do I fix this?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, you send an email to yourself but it is not received in outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. I sent it to the address I set up in outlook, but it wasn't received in outlook, only in the inbox of the server on hostgator.

I am using windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you receiving emails from other people that send to you on this account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, nothing is going into the outlook. I used the auto-set up as instructed by hostgator, It seems really strange that the mail won't go all the way through when outlook chose the settings

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the settings it has entered please
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I do not allow remote connections with all the identity theft these days. I can get back to that computer and give you the settings in about a half hour

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem and thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have taken a clipping of the setting pages and attached them since copy and paste isn't an option. Hopefully you can see this

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you click on my link below please and confirm what your host name should be as its specific to each account
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/email/pop3-or-imap-with-ssl
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

according to hostgator I can use either 4177.hostgator.com or mail.creativelycarolgifts.com

I have always used the first because up until today I thought that was all I could use

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you try with the second one please as the incomming server.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the account from Outlook, then add it back again.
When adding it you do a test and it wont let you add it unless this passes.
Let me know the results please