IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

O have publisher files that use to print and now I get the

Customer Question

O have publisher files that use to print and now I get the message P cannot complete this operation. if I make the foe PDF it will print.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

When you see that error message, please press the Ctrl Shift and I key combination on your keyboard. It should then display error code next to the message you see.
What is the error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error code 110257
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Error code 110257 refers to the high amount of memory usage by the Publisher. If you have Publisher files with multiple pages that contain high quality graphics, attempting to print all pages at once may fail.
Workarounds are:
- open only one Publisher file at a time, then print it
- remove unnecessary graphics from the Publisher file, save and re-open the file, then print it
- print only several pages at once. For example, if your Publisher file has 20 pages, select to print only first 5 pages. When it prints, select the next 5 pages, etc
- convert the file(s) to another format, such as PDF, which may lower the quality of the graphics, resulting in less memory usage, so the whole document can be printed at once
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not seem to help, but I am going off line and then restart....thx
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please check if the problem happens only for the existing Publisher files or for the new ones as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok when you get a chance I will create a new file and see what happens
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set up a new Publisher product and it printed it. So what about the existing ones. I cleared out many of them as you suggested.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Do the new Publisher documents you set up have about the same number of pages as the previous documents?