The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Macro sheets based on drop-down list selection

Customer Question

macro for printing sheets based on drop-down list selection
Hi all,
My issue: I have a drop down list to choose the name of an athlete that auto-populates a resistance training template based on their best-efforts on the particular exercises.
For example:
Drop Down Selection: Athlete 1
Bench Press (3x5) - 50 lbs
Back Squat (3x5) - 85 lbs
Drop Down Selection: Athlete 2
Bench Press (3x5) - 100 lbs
Back Squat (3x5) - 160 lbs
As you can see, the selection from the drop down menu dictates what is populated on the sheet.
I would very much like to make it easier to print all training sheets for all 22 athletes on a day-in day-out basis. I believe there is a macro that would allow me to print the 22 different sheets by hitting print one time. I would also like to be able to pick selected athletes to print without having to print every athlete at once. If anybody is aware of how to do this, I would greatly appreciate some help, as I really don't understand how macros work for the most part. I would also be very thankful if you could be particularly detailed in your response because I still have yet to successfully enter a correct macro into an excel book.
Thank you in advance,
Alex
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
May I take a look at the document or an example of it?
Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jason,So the file ID number is: 508782. Also I have seen what I am looking for in a youtube video about a template. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkql2jSVj8 Start the video at 2:49 to see what I was thinking. Thank you again for your help.
Thank you for the document.
Please, explain to me how this document currently works.
Right now, the information on the sheet is for Chase. "How" was all the displayed put on the sheet? Was it pulled from another sheet that matches his name?
For instance, if you wanted to print out the information for the first two people in the list, 'how' would you do that in this sheet? Please, walk me through each step.
Once I have that information, I will understand what is required and will get this written for you.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So right now cell E5 is populated by a data validation list called Cheer_Roster that is located on the worksheet called Max Sheet. Max Sheet has each athlete's individual max numbers. So when you pick a name from that drop down list, that person's max numbers are populated into cells like J2, J3, and J4 using the formulas Index and Match. The numbers in the worksheet in column H under the title "Wt" are percentages of those max numbers. So if Chase Heiden has different max numbers than Sean Snyder, the numbers in Column H under the title "Wt" will adjust accordingly.
So right now I have a macro that will print out all of the active worksheets from the data validation list in E5 with a sort of print loop. The macro code is:Sub mcrPrintlist()
Dim i As Long, Cnt As Long
Dim Rng As RangeSet Rng = Range("Cheer_Roster")Cnt = Rng.Cells.CountFor i = 1 To Cnt
Range("K2").Value = Rng(i)
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
Next i
End SubWhat I am looking for is a macro or a userform that will allow me to print only selected athletes. So if I want to print only Chase Heiden and Sean Snyder's active worksheets and not the rest of the team then I can use a macro or userform that would allow me to do that. The video that I mentioned earlier shows someone using a userform with a macro that allows you to do this but does not explain how to program for this. The video is at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkql2jSVj8, around 2:49.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I'm sorry the Data Validation list I was referring to is actually in cell D5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I'm not sure that I answered your question about how I would print out the first two people. So I would go to cell D5, click who's max numbers I want populating the worksheet. Then go and print. Go back to cell D5, click the next athlete who's max numbers I want populating the worksheet. Then go and print again.
I cannot get this working.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jason,Thanks for trying. Is there a timeline as to when I will hear back from the next person?
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question
hi so for each person you select you want to print the program sheet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I would like to be able to pick and choose who I want to print.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i think that is doable.
I will send an additional service offer now