toughguy9
toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A Post Graduate in computer science with over 11 years of experience in Data Recovery, Computer Hardware and Software
21067471

How can you start page 1 on page 13 in your publication? I

Customer Question

How can you start page 1 on page 13 in your publication? I don't want any page numbers on the first 12 pages of the document. Only want page 1 to start at the 13th page and continue through the end of the document
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a word document?
Do you have Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, or 2013, etc.?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a word document. It is a document in Microsoft Publisher 2003.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me? This is a one time job that I am doing so I don't need any more support. Just an answer to my one question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about which Microsoft Office I have. I think I have Windows xp. Are you going to help me of is this just a rip off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please respond back one way or the other?
I'm sorry, this is a one-time support session per your request, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. I'm checking on this. Please wait a bit okay? I will email you. And/or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and show you how to do this directly on your computer together with you. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. This is a first for me so I really don't know how this works. I'll just wait for an email. I will try to solve the problem without having to connect to my computer, but if that is not possible, I will let you connect to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have my email address? If not, it is***@******.***.
Thank you. This process can be complicated; I will continue to help you until it's successful. Please click on the website below for instructions / illustrations:
http://homeworktips.about.com/od/computertips/ss/pagenumbers_2.htm
It's for Word 2003, but the process is the same for Publisher 2003.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I go to Insert to select Break, there is not a Break selection, only a Section selection. Is Section the same thing as Break? I did try using Section, but it did not work.
Sorry, this is Publisher 2003, not 2013 right?
If you also have Word 2003 program, does it have Break option in Insert menu?
When you select the Section option, what are all the options it is showing there?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this is Publisher 2003. I do not have Word 2003 program.Here is what it shows in the Section option:Begin Section with this page
Show header/footers on first page of this section
Page numbering format
Continue from previous section
Start at (gives option of what page number to start with, i.e, 1,2,3,4,etc.Like I said I have tried doing this but what happens is it puts Page 1 on the Page 12 of the document and I need for Page 1 to be on Page 13 of the document. I would think by starting a new section on page 13 that Page 1 would appear but Page 2 appears instead. Also, after I select options in the Section option, I then go to Insert Page numbers where they will show up.It's frustrating. I have tried everything, but nothing works. Hope you can figure it out for me. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also though it might have something to do with my Master Page, but haven't been able to figure that out either. This is my first time to use Publisher so I really don't know what I'm doing.
I'm sorry. Can you delete all the page numbering (i.e., no page number would show on any page for now), then try starting new section on page 13? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried doing that several times, but each time page 1 always appears on Page 12 instead of 13.
Sorry, let's say even if you delete page number, then start session on another page, such such page 14 or page 28, etc., each time it always appear on page 12? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the page that I start a new section, Page 1 always appears on the left page. For instance, it is a 2 page setup, so when I start a new section say at Page 24 and 25, then Page 1 always appears on Page 24. It happens that way no matter which page I start a new section at. That is the problems because I want Page 1 to appear on Page 13, and in the 2 page layout Pages 12 and 13 are side by side and that is why page 1 always appears on page 12. That's why I was thinking that it may have something to do with my two page master page setup, but I don't know for sure.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure about this issue, so let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait, you will get an email message and reply at this web page whenever another expert responds. The time it takes depends on the difficulty of the issue, so don't wait, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. I will wait for a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this cost more than $18?
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.
This is Leela and I will help you with the question today.
I understand that in Publisher 2013 document you want to have page number ONLY on the last page, that to it page number should be 1.
You can use Master Page concept to deal with the situation. You need to have ONLY 1 MASTER PAGE that is the last page which can have numbering.
If you are already aware of creating master page, please use master page only for the last page and use numbering starting from 1.
Please refer to following link for more details.
http://www.uwec.edu/help/publisher03/masterpg.htm#numbering
Please try and let me know how things go. Please let me know if you have any further queries.
All the best.
Leela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all, I am using Publisher 2003, not 2013. I still don't understand. I've never used Publisher before so your explanation is very confusing to me. I don't want any page numbers on the first 12 pages of my document. I want Page 1 to start with Page 13. When I set the document up, I did it creating a two page master page. So now, do I need to make it a one page master beginning with page 13 and how would I do that? I don't understand what it means to use master page for the last page?? = The last page of what??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't just want a page number on the last page. I want page 1 to start where page 13 is.
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I am out of ideas. I am opting out so that other expert can help you.
Thanks,
Leela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well boo.Hope someone else can help me. I'm about to give up.