WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

I have just ref7 PC. I have been using the Windows Update

Customer Question

I have just ref7 PC. I have been using the Windows Update program to update everything. I have MS Office 365 installed as well as some other MS software. Normally I can set the Windows Update to become a Microsoft Update to include all MS updates, but I can get the Windows Update settings to include the MS updates. It continues to say "Windows Updates only." When I go to the Microsoft Update WEB page I do not get to access any download of the MS Update. How can I get it?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.By default it won’t check for updates for other Microsoft programs installed, here’s how to make Windows Update find updates for Office and other MS apps. First, open Windows Update to see what updates you’re receiving. You can easily find it by entering Windows Update in the Start menu search. Look underneath the Windows Update box to see what you’re getting updates for. By default, Windows 7 will only check for updates to Windows and drivers, not other Microsoft products such as Office. To add this, click the Find out more link on the bottom. This will open the Windows Update page in your default browser. Check the I agree box, and then click Install.
Accept the UAC prompt, and then after a moment the page will update and show that Microsoft Update is now installed. Windows Update should automatically launch and check for updates, this time for Windows andother Microsoft products. You’ll likely notice some updates for Microsoft programs you already have installed, as well as some optional free programs from Microsoft such as Silverlight and Live Essentials.
See attached image. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am accustomed to all of the above. On this machine when I click on the find out more I get a new window but the accept the other stuff window never appears. I have tried 3 or 4 times with the same result. I apparently need to find a direct link to the Microsoft Update addition.

HelloI will need to opt out of the question and open it to other experts.Thanks
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
First, check that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Update is set to manual.Then run the following command in a Command Prompt:wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnowThen wait about 5 minutes and check if updates pop up on the notifications.