The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

A B C Name Quantity $45.00 Joe 2

A B C
Name Quantity $45.00
Joe 2 90.00
Sue 1 45.00
Jill 3 135.00

How can I link all the cells in column C so that if I change the $45 to $40 it will update all the cells automatically? right now I am copying the formula from where the 90.00 is and pasting it in all the other cells in column C
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

so you want to multiple $ by quantity?

The-PC-Guy :

you can type your response in this window

The-PC-Guy :

i didn't see your last response

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

here are a couple of ways of doing this

The-PC-Guy :

if you want to copy the formulas in column C all the way down

The-PC-Guy :

but have them always = the amount in column B

The-PC-Guy :

you can do something like this

The-PC-Guy :

=B2

The-PC-Guy :

then put that in C2

The-PC-Guy :

when you copy that down the C column it will pick up the coresponding B values

The-PC-Guy :

if you are looking to do something different let me know

The-PC-Guy :

and ill help

Customer:

in my original question i pasted in a sample excel spreadsheet but I see it didn't copy properly. This is what I need:

Customer:

I have Joe needing 2 widgets, Sue needs 1, Jill needs 3. Cost of widgets today is $45. However, cost tomorrow will change to $40. I want to be able to change the $45 to $40 and have the total cost for Joe, Sue and Jill to change accordingly. Do you understand?

The-PC-Guy :

yep

The-PC-Guy :

maybe I can send you a quick example

The-PC-Guy :

give me 2 minutes to create one

The-PC-Guy :

here is the example

The-PC-Guy :

click the link

The-PC-Guy :

then the blue download link to get the file

The-PC-Guy :

let me know if you have problems with that

The-PC-Guy :

basically

The-PC-Guy :

the price is in cell B2

The-PC-Guy :

change that to any amount now and the totals in column C

The-PC-Guy :

will update automatically

The-PC-Guy :

let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns

IF YOU HAVE A MINUTE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE SO I GET PAID FOR MY TIME
YOU DO SO WITH THE SMILEYS BENEATH THIS CHAT

THANKS

Customer:

That's it - thanks!

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support