The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Excel formula required- 1. On sheet 1,2 and 3 I have a bill

Excel formula required-
1. On sheet 1,2 and 3 I have a bill of Quantities set out and in column L there is an option of selecting yes or no. Whwnwver there is a yes selected I want all the information to pull through to the master header page and look the same. How can I upload this to you?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 10 months ago.

toughguy9 :

Hi

Customer:

Hi mate. How can I upload the test file?

toughguy9 :

You can upload it on wikisend.com and share the link

toughguy9 :

Ok

toughguy9 :

I will try to download it

toughguy9 :

I downloaded and opened the sheet

toughguy9 :

can you please explain your requirement in detail with any example

Customer:

So lets say we are on sheet 1 and and in column L they are all selected as NO. When we select it to Yes I want the details of row

Customer:

sorry continuing

Customer:

I want the details of that row to pull through to the master header.

toughguy9 :

so.. you want details of ALL rows whose L column is Yes from sheets 1,2 & 3 in Master Sheet

Customer:

yes

toughguy9 :

as we change the value of column L from Yes to No the row should vanish from Master sheete

toughguy9 :

similarly if it becomes Yes from No then it should appear in Master sheet

Customer:

thats right

toughguy9 :

is there any specific order you are looking for in Master sheet.. like first rows from sheet 1, then from sheet 2, then sheet 3

toughguy9 :

etc

toughguy9 :

or any order is fine..

Customer:

Any order is fine at the moment

toughguy9 :

ok

toughguy9 :

how long you will be available on the chat?

toughguy9 :

Let me work on this

Customer:

hour or two

toughguy9 :

ok.. I will be working on this and would check with your for any validation or queries..

Customer:

Is it a tricky one or just time consuming to set up?

toughguy9 :

tricky & would take time :-)

toughguy9 :

it needs a macro to be written

Customer:

Will I be able to copy the formula to my correct wrok book?

toughguy9 :

yes

toughguy9 :

What is the excel version you are using?

Customer:

2010

toughguy9 :

ok

toughguy9 :

Hi

toughguy9 :

I could write the basic macro..

toughguy9 :

to select a specific row and copy it into a specific sheet

toughguy9 :

I would be improving it to suite your needs

Customer:

The specifric row just need to pull through columns a-j (not the entire row)

toughguy9 :

oh ok..

toughguy9 :

let me finish the current macro and would modify it to bring only specific rows of interest

toughguy9 :

i mean columns a-j

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 10 months ago.

I have completed this for you.

click the link to download.

http://ge.tt/3wvW3xz/v/0?c

When you open your sheet you will see the populate button at the top of your main sheet.

click that to run the macro

because this is a macro, you will have to click the enable conent yellow button message that will be

directly beneath your excel tool bar when you first open the file.

it looks like the following screenshot

graphic

if you do not click it, the macro will not run

I wanted to see if this example works for your needs first, then I would be happy to help you copy it to your main sheet.

Let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE, "GOOD" or "EXCELLENT" so I get reimbursed for my time

You do so with the smiley faces beneath my ANSWER

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

just checking it out now

take your time, I will be around for the next hour or so tonight. Should you run into any issues.

I have optimized this macro so it runs super fast, you will notice it updates virtually instantaneously when you click the populate button.

Let me know if you have issues accessing the file.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Its really really good!!! I will accept this now for this request but I have another which I will pay the same amount again or hit bonus. Give me 10min to think of the adjustments I need

absolutely, let me tell you how to request me directly, for follow ups

to make sure that only I answer the question, put "The-PC-Guy only" somewhere
in your question title. Thanx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support