Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I want to add text to a number of slides someone else prepared.

Customer Question

I want to add text to a number of slides someone else prepared. When I do insert, choose text box, change font to what I want and enter text, the program prints the text. When I want to put an additional text on, I have to redo every step; is there a way to put multiple text insertions, keeping the font the same without resetting each time?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me which program and version you are using please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Powerpoint 2010

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

What you need to do is apply a Font to the Slide Master, so that it is this font by default.

To do this

On the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master.

In the left pane that contains the slide masters and layouts, click the slide master thumbnail or layout that contains the font that you want to change.

On the slide master or layout, click the title text or the level of body text that you want to apply a new font style to.

TIP On a slide layout in the slide master, you can also change the default text that appears in a placeholder by creating custom prompt text.

On the Slide Master tab, in the Edit Theme group, click Fonts, and then select a font from the list.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 for any other fonts that you want to change. To return to editing your slides, on the Slide Master tab, in the Close group, click Close Master View.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

didn't address the question. I don't want to change the fonts that are on the slides. I have to add text independent of the text that is there now. I want to avoid having to insert, chose text box, change font for every time I want to add a text. It is taking me 45 minutes to enter the 20 or so texts I am adding to a slide.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes, and this is what I am indicating.

Changing the font for the slide master, sets the default font for new text.

Can you do my instructions please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

your instructions did not address having to go to insert and choose text box for every text...is there a way to put a text on the slide, and then an other text without going back to the insert etc.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
sorry about that,

To speed up that process, you would need to copy the Text Box (select it and press CTRL + C)

Then when you want to add text, press CTRL + V and it will paste it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I had tried that before and it didn't work. Tried it again. Opened text box, type a word, closed text box, hovered over text box again, CTR C, closed text box, moved cursor, hit CTL V and it inserts a desktop image over the slide. Evidently something that had been saved before.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
You don't hover over it, you click it once so it is selected.

Then you press CTRL + C

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I msnfomemed m ths ssnnn

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I do not understand your last message

"I msnfomemed m ths ssnnn"

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

acdefghjklmnopqrstvw ths sstem won't let me enter all the letters. I can not tpe all the letters I can tpe n other programs t notn or can

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I don't understand.

I have given you the correct answers to your questions, I don't know why you are now replying like this all of a sudden.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

the compter wll not let me enter what I am tpng

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, I got this message ok.

Where you able to do my last instructions?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I tred t ddnt work need to talk to someone re: prolems tpeng n m answers

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
It will work, it does for Powerpoint.

Click the Text Box once, so it is selected, then press CTRL + C

Then you can use CTRL + V to paste the text box.

Like copying and pasting anywhere on the computer.

You will need to make a new question for this new problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am trying again..what was happening was that each time I typed the letter i this chat program would not enter the i but would go to italcs, the letter b gave bolding and so on. The reason the messages I sent were so non-sensical was the lack of those letters. Your customer service said try firfox and now things are working.

Back to the powerpoint issue. I erred in saying I was hovering over the text I wanted to copy. In fact I had clicked on it, the box appeared around the text and I did ctr c, a sound was made by the computer, but CTL V does not paste it.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, not sure why you cannot copy and paste.

But the only other options is via the Keyboard

Press and release ALT, N, and then press X.

Press the arrow keys to select the Text box that you want, and then press ENTER.

Type the text that you want.

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues