Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I need a formula to hide all blank rows. Please note, each

I need a formula to hide all blank rows. Please note, each cell has an if,and,or,then formula in it referencing data from another worksheet within the same file. I tried a formula but even though it didn't show a value in the cell (if "0","") it recognized the formula as being a value so it wouldn't hide the row. If I deleted the formula then it would work but I don't want to have to delete each formula that returned a "0" value nor lose the formula. Please HELP!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You will need to do this via a Macro.

I can do this for you, but will need a copy of your file

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Thank you. I'll upload the file now. There are 3 worksheets within the file. Pricelist, Lanlogic View, Proposal View. I need the blank rows in the Lanlogic View and Proposal View worksheets hidden after populated.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Salena.

Please give me the File ID when you have uploaded it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The file ID is 962594

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks

It is the blank rows where QTY goes correct?

Just within that section?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The Pricelist tab is the input worksheet. Then the LL view & proposal view sheets get automatically populated. So you put a 1 in any of the rows under qty that row should show up on the following 2 worksheets.

After the user inputs all the qty's they need, you'll notice blank rows in between for all the items they didn't put a qty amount for. I need those rows hidden.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
This is done Salena

Go to wwww.wikisend.com and download under File ID 190014

You will see the buttons you click to run it.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

WOW!!!! That was awesome! There's only one glitch. When I hit hide rows, the rows with the titles of each section went away also.

So for example if any item under Systems Hardware had a qty listed for it, the title Systems Hardware would show up. (Note, an amt would not be inputted in the qty column for the title rows). So I need those to stay. Is there a way to make that quick fix?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Which row is System Hardware on, as I do not see this Salena.

I can code for this, but need to see where the title is.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Oh sorry. If you look on the Pricelist/input sheet all of the titles are in Bold. So for example System Hardware is row 19 and Mass Storage Hardware is row 27, etc.

If you play with it and put a qty amt for any of the items listed under the titles you'll see those titles as well as that item show up on the other 2 sheets.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, having a hard time seeing it.

But tell me, when the headers do show, which cell do they show in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So on the pricelist sheet System Hardware is in B19. In the Proposal View sheet is in B21.

If the title is centered it is a main title for a group of subtitles that are also in Bold but left aligned.

So for example if you put a qty in A49 for "S Series...." then the titles System Hardware & Scale will show up.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I guess I should state product group titles instead of headers.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

Download this version from www.wikisend.com under File ID 405700

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues