Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.

Hi Can you help me? I have 3 columns A=First Name, B= Last

Hi
Can you help me?
I have 3 columns A=First Name, B= Last name C- Full Name
I used the following formula for the full name
I cannot find a way to remove the formula so column 3 prints out only full name - I want to delete A & B
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

A simple fix to this is to 'hide' the first two columns.
- Right click the header "A" and choose Hide
- Right click the header "B" and choose Hide

Now when you print, it will not print those two columns.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

THis does not answer my question as I need the last 2 columns to upload to Paperless Post

If it was only to print I could have done that

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

You used the word print, so I assumed you meant print.

Please, elaborate on your description of the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I need to be able to create this is plain text to upload to Paperless Post

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Jason

I know you are busy but did you understand what it is I need to do. I konw it is simple but it is very annoying as I have done it before!

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
I do understand.

If you simply need to export it to Paperless Port as text, can you just select the needed values with the mouse, copy them, open a new sheet, and paste them?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No, when I do that I get an error in all cells in the column.

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Okay. That is because you are using formulas.

Instead of a normal copy, do a special copy, and choose to paste the "Values".

When you paste, click the down arrow button next to the Paste button, choose "Special", choose Values, and click Ok.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK How do I do a special copy? I am going to try to find it but need your answer. Unfortunately I am against a deadline now!

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
I explained how to do so above.

Sorry, it is a special PASTE.

Just copy and do the special paste.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

NO it did not work. It joined up the name & the email in both columns and then when I experimented by deleting cell A1 the first name delelted

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=4cf747ca-c138-4746-83bf-edcf101138f7

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have to start safari but am now on a conference call . Is there any way I can get back to you later?

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.
You sure can.

Please, let me know when you have returned.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Jason

Someone on our conference all sorted it out for me. You are right it is paste special but I needed to know to paste values.

Sorry - not too satisfied & want to cancel service

You tried!

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Yes, that is exactly what I told you.

You had to Paste Special and Choose values. Those are my words verbatim.

You can rate me below and I will then let them know that you are not interested in a subscription.

Jason, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.