Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

Just downloaded windows 8.1. Using Century Link web mail (

Just downloaded windows 8.1. Using Century Link web mail ( for email. All worked well with Win8. With Win8.1 when I attempt to compose a new message the error ' the webpage cannot be displayed' appears in the compose pane.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows and folders.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet if available, open Internet Options. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  6. Then see if you can compose now.

(If you cannot find Internet Options, please see another way at

If that does not work, please download and install Firefox browser program at the website:
, then open Firefox, and then go to the website or in Firefox, and sign in your email and see if you can compose in Firefox.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first option (reset IE) did not solve the problem. I installed FireFox and can now compose a message. Any ideas why going to Win8.1 would cause this problem??

Thanks, Tom

You're welcome. Windows 8.1 is too new; there are websites that are not compatible with the latest IE in windows 8.1 yet. You can just use Firefox for email (and/or for other websites); Firefox is faster and more reliable than IE.

If there is any issue later or if you need anything else, please let me know any time. Also, I appreciate if you take a moment to rate my service below to day. Thank you very much,