Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hi, RAR compressed file, emailed home, opened, extracted and

Hi, RAR compressed file, emailed home, opened, extracted and saved to C:/.... folder. This was a word 2010 file which I worked on and continuously pressed the save icon to save over a few hours. Closed Word to email file and updated document was not found. Odd but word doesnt show any previous versions or unsaved files.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

If you look at the file on C Drive, where you extracted it to, right click it and select Properties.

Is the Last Modified date in line with the date and time you were working on the document?

Please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes it is but the actual data in document is the original before i started working on it.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, if you click start.

type in

%temp%

Press enter.

look in that list and tell me if you see any reference to your document please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

2 temp folders I clicked in both of them but file not there

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, and if you do a search on your computer from Start, and type in just the first few letters of the document, are any other versions found on the computer Yasmin?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes the one i mentioned earlier

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, then the file was not saving Yasmin.

We have checked in all locations another version may be, but it did not save here.

I advise, in the future to do a Save As and then start saving, as there would have been an issue with Word writing to this document.

But we will not be able to recover the work done sorry, as it never wrote it from the RAM to the hard disk.

I would like to reset Word, just to minimise this problem occuring again.

Can you download and run this file please

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9763243

Once done, restart the computer and it should stop this problem occuring in the future.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks and bugger, i'm sure I did do a save as but odd that this happened. very upsetting.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I can totally understand, and I am sure you where saving, but word was not writing it.

If it is any consolation, you now know for sure it is not there..

Run the reset I advised though Yasmin, this will avoid the problem from re-occuring.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

and please remember the service rating.

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues