MrBargain
MrBargain, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Friendly Neighborhood Geek... Certified Tech, Webmaster, SEO, More! 18+ Years IT Experience
75878118

Where do I store names and addresses that word can call up

Where do I store names and addresses that word can call up so an envelope can be printed out. Are is it possible, With Office Professional 2013 ? Thank You

MrBargain :

Hi, my name isXXXXX have some suggestion to help you make the task of printing addresses easier using Word. Please let me know when you are ready to start?

Customer:

I am ready

MrBargain :

Great. Are you familiar with the term Mail Merge? What this involves, is basically merging a mailing list with a document that needs to be sent out the different people. The mail merge, lets you type the letter once and address it to everyone individually and automatically.

MrBargain :

Let me give you an example. Open your Word document and then look for the Mailings tab section called Start Mail merge group, click Select Recipients

MrBargain :

Full Size Image

MrBargain :

this is an example image...

Customer:

Yes I am somewhat familiar with mail murge.. I don't wan

MrBargain :

Actually, come to think of it you could also use the Step-by-step Mail merge wizard

MrBargain :

You don't want?

Customer:

Select Recipients where?

MrBargain :

You don't see that option? Can you tell me what you see?

Customer:

Okay

MrBargain :

Are you the type of person that learns better by seeing?

MrBargain :

If you want, I have a very good video that you can watch on how to do mail merge step by step. It is about 12 minutes long.

MrBargain :

Some people prefer written instructions and others like to watch videos as they are visual learners... it's a personal preference really.

Customer:

select recipients......

MrBargain :

Do you see this box?

MrBargain :

Full Size Image

Customer:

you said start mail merge thhen select recp.,

MrBargain :

Ok, I don't think I explained it very well, sorry about that. Can you view this page: http://goo.gl/5jb3c4

MrBargain :

This is going to accomplish the same thing I was trying to explain, but will be more straight forward to follow.

MrBargain :

Only do steps 1 - 5 on this. Once you finish step 5 let me know and I will give you more details.

Customer:

ok

MrBargain :

So you have a list then?

MrBargain :

You are able to add the recipients to this list and keep saving it.

Customer:

yes type a new list.

MrBargain :

Great. Now let me recap to make sure we are both on the same page. Whenever you want to print new envelopes, you will be able to choose the recipients from this list. Add a couple names just for testing and save it.

MrBargain :

Does that make sense so far?

Customer:

yes so far

MrBargain :

I am trying to find a way to explain this to you as there are many instructions but it doesn't take long, just many steps.

MrBargain :

Try this: http://goo.gl/axqBkt

MrBargain :

Sorry, try this: http://goo.gl/axqBkt

MrBargain :

As you will see here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/word-help/mail-merge-with-envelopes-HA102919728.aspx?CTT=1 there are a lot of steps, but like I said, it does not take long to do them.

Customer:

Print address seems to be return address

MrBargain :

If you look at the long link I posted, see step 3 where you would put the delivery address and step 4 where the return address would go.

MrBargain :

Full Size Image

MrBargain :

this is delivery box

MrBargain :

Full Size Image

MrBargain :

this is return address box

Customer:

Okay, I guess I will go to check out the web sight. I have my address in there. Thanks for for well thank anyway.

MrBargain :

Wait, don't leave... I am just getting started.