flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

I have MSN Outlook. I have folders created for different emails.

Customer Question

I have MSN Outlook. I have folders created for different emails. I now want to open all saved folders and keep them on my email page.
My problem is that I can open the folder and see what is in there in email pane. However, when I open another folder,the previous one reverts to it's folder which I do not want it to do.
How do I open all my folders and keep them in the email pane without any being sent to a folder?
Thanks.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 10 months ago.
what version of outlook is it ? is it a desktop version or the one you get if you go online for a Hotmail type account at www.outlook.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. It is the new version of Outlook that replaced Hotmail. It comes with MSN.

You want to see the actual emails in more than one folder at the same time ?

The way it works is that the list of folders is on the left

to the right of that is the folder display that holds the headers for the emails in the folder you have selected on the left

to the right of that is a preview pane where you can see the contents of the specific email that you selected in the folder display.

If you want 2 folder displays you just cant do it. Outlook is not designed that way. offhand I cant think of an email program that is. Euodora or thunderbird might. I would have to pull it up and check. If you wanted to go that route you would have to install it on your desktop and set up the Hotmail account as an account on it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I wan to open the folders and leave the contained emails . The folders become obsolete then.

Do you want to copy the mail from the folders back into one folder ? That is pretty easy to do.

Just check the box for everything in the folder ( there is a little box on the top that will check all boxes beneath it )

then right click anywhere in the highlighted emails and select MOVE

it will pop up a window saying move to < folder > click on that < folder > and select INBOX

then hit ok.

do that for each folder