Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Thanks again for you help, next question, so for example that

Thanks again for you help, next question, so for example that I had a worksheet for each day of the month, could I possible do the same with the printable copy page?? if the person selected say worksheet oct 16th row 7
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question.

Are you still referring to the "Running Sheet"? If you will use or will create another sheet for each day of the month, but you want to keep the "Printable Copy" sheet, then you need to update the vlookup formula.

The current formula is:
=VLOOKUP($B$1,'Running Sheet'!$A$3:$U$52,2,FALSE)

I will explain to you the parts:
$B$1 = This refers to the row of data you want to pull out for printing. In the vlookup formula, this is referred to as the "lookup value" or the data that you want to lookup.

'Running Sheet'!$A$3:$U$52 = This is the range on the first sheet that vlookup will search for data to be pulled out. If you want to create a new sheet, you need to update the sheet name accordingly.

2 => This refers to the column to pull out.

FALSE => This is default value to display relative lookup results.

Now, if you will create new sheet for daily transaction, you need to use the vlookup function again but you need to reflect the right sheet name.

Also, in the file that I gave you, it has 50 rows there. If that is a daily transaction avegare, you can simply create a COPY of that sheet and then rename it so that the layout and formulas are retained.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you keep the same printable copy for the whole file or do I need a printable copy after each worksheet for this to work? any chance I can send you the updated file with the new worksheets on it

Sally,

yes, please send me the updated file so that I can see what you exactly want.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

374216 wikisend code.

Sally,

I am sorry but in this case, you need to create individual "Printable Copy" sheets for each dated sheets since the vlookup function can can only reference 1 sheet at a time.

Do you want me to do it for you? But I must tell you it will take some time.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you that would be fine, I don't mind waiting thank you

Ok. Will do it. Please give me a moment...

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, thank you

Sally,

Thank you for patiently waiting. It took me a while to finalize the file. I needed to create several sheets and update several vlookup formulas.

Finally, here is your file:
http://wikisend.com/download/685742/Group Meal Order Sheet2.xlsx

I hope this helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess