Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am working on a 10 -12 page workbook in excel 2010. I like

I am working on a 10 -12 page workbook in excel 2010. I like to work in page break mode. Random page breaks will appear for no apparent reason turning my 12 - 14 page (printed) workbook into 300+ pages. I have gone to each page and manually adjusted page breaks, as soon as i say print the random breaks come back. I have tried to adjust page setup under print option - no luck.

The next problem is sporadic. Sometimes if I hide columns/rows on one page it will hide them on other pages?

How do i put consecutive page numbers on each worksheet when printed? They all say page one.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Random page breaks may appear if the page margins are set too tightly.

Have a look at the Page Settings and try different page sizes. If you see the error "Margins do not fit page size", then Excel 2010 will insert its own page breaks.

The hidden columns/rows problem is a lot stranger, and to delve more into this I would need to see the spreadsheet itself. It may be caused by a macro or other custom setting on the workbook.

If you would like me to take a look at the spreadsheet, you can upload it to www.wikisend.com and send me the file ID or download link.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Pete,

Thanks for trying to help. I am familiar with the page settings. I think this may be some sort of config issue with excel 2010 and was hoping someone would just recognize the problem.

Thanks,

Karen

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can I look at your document Karen to see if I also get the issue (which indicates an issue with the file).

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Richard,

The page break problem seems to be resolved, however it is still doing some kind of linking thing. For instance, when I change text date in cell d9 it creates a validate or name error in e8 and these two cells are not related.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Can I see the sheet please?

- Upload the file to that website
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

This is going to help

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

file id is 333970

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Password XXXXX? as you set one

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

31414233

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it

Which page is the problem with the cell on?

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
I have gone through all the pages but I am not seeing any problems as you described with D9 or C8

Are you sure you gave me the correct file?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Go onto Revenue Expense summary tab. look at d19. If you try to change those initials and hit enter you would get error signs. It seems to be okay now.

Can you check the page breaks and tell me how to consecutively number the pages?

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, for me it is also ok.

In the Page Layout Tab, click the arrow, bottom right on the Page Setup.

Click Header, Foots, and insert the page number there.

Then, as it prints, each new page will get its own page number.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thank you. Can you send the file back to me?

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Yes, the File ID is 453630

With the same password XXXXX set.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues