Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

When my computer was hacked I needed to have it rebuilt. It

When my computer was hacked I needed to have it rebuilt. It works fine but the Microsoft works isn't available and I can't get the documents I need. I did not get a Works disc when I got the computer. I have one I had from a much earlier computer and that will not work. Can I get a disc or what can I do to get Microsoft Works?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

You may purchase an MS Work 9.0 (compatible with Windows 7) installation disk online, from Amazon using the following link:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-070-03545-Works-9-0/dp/B000Q6ZK3K

Having gotten the disk, you may just install the program, and use it to open up your Works documents thereafter.

If you already have a version of MS Office installed, alternatively, you may download and install the Works 6-9 Converter tool, which will allow you to open up the Works documents using Office itself:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=bf41401e-70fa-465d-ae2e-cf44dbf05297&displayLang=en

Hope it helps. Do let me know if you need any further clarification on this issue. Thanks!

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really didn't get much help for my problem. I assumed that Acer would give a disc for Microsoft Works since I didn't get one when I bought the computer and I still had to pay for the information.

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand this has been a frustrating issue for you, but Microsoft discontinued the MS Works product back in 2009 - hence, it no longer comes pre-installed with systems now, and so you will need to purchase an installation disk from a third-party provider, and use it to install Works manually.

However, as I stated earlier, if you already do have a MS Office installation on your system now (If not, you may download a trial version HERE), you don't need to purchase MS Works, but simply need to download and install the Works 6-9 Converter tool, which will allow you to open up the Works documents using Office itself:

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide my answer with an OK or better rating, since the ratings do not reflect on the site itself, but are directly tied to our overall feedback score. :) Thank you.

Regards