Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

How to disable the security warning in Outlook 2010 that a

Customer Question

How to disable the security warning in Outlook 2010 that a program is trying to access my email. I have a filemaker database that I use to automatically send emails.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I see you checked "checked never warn me about suspicious activity" which is correct, but the issue can be caused by Outlook not correctly recognising the anti virus on your computer.

Can you do the following please.

Open Outlook 2010, go to "File/Options/Trust Center" menu item, and then click on the "Trust Center Settings" button at the right side of the dialog box.

From there, select the "Programmatic Access" menu item.

At the bottom of this dialog, note what your "Antivirus status" is. If it is "Invalid" then close Outlook, navigate to where its "OUTLOOK" program icon is on your disk (typically it sits in the "Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office" folder), and then right-click this icon and select "Run as administrator" from the pop-up-menu. If you get a warning, then select "allow" or "yes" to continue.

Then in Outlook, go back to Programmatic Access as described above, and you should see your antivirus status updated to "Valid" (assuming you have an up-to-date antivirus program on your computer).

Exit Outlook. Then open it the way you usually do. The warnings should now be gone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I mentioned that I already tried this and it is still not working when I posted.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Where Gary did you mention checking that the Anti Virus software has been registered as valid?

"
Optional Information:
What have you tried so far?: Run as administrator and checked never warn me about suspicious activity"

Please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It is valid

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I am really confused here, as you said you already did my steps before coming here.

Have you, or have you not, followed my instructions?

Can you tell me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes I did.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok thank you for confirming, I needed to be sure before proceeding.

The issue then is the filemaker programs code is not emailing correctly, as all your outlook settings are correct.

It is doing this as it is using the DoCmd.SendObject function.

This is a common issue, and there is an Add-in that stops the warning from appearing.

It is called Bells & Whistles for Outlook.

It is not free, but it is the only software capable of doing this.

There is a demo, so you can see it work, and it can be downloaded and installed from my link below

Click Me To View

Once installed, start Outlook, open the Bells & Whistles Options menu located on your Outlook toolbar area, go to the Outlook Tweaks tab and mark the option “Auto-confirm Outlook security warning messages”

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Is there something we can change in the registry. I believe I tried this once before but I forgot what we did and it worked

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
yes, but then your settings in outlook will not correspond and it leaves you open to Macro viruses.

But if you wish to do it this way, download my file from the below link

http://wikisend.com/download/975562/outlook.reg

Then double click it and allow it to modify the registry, then restart the computer.