Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

Hello.I am in a trouble since I would like to compare three

Hello. I am in a trouble since I would like to compare three variable patterns in a table. The important part is that they have to be in sequence. Example: There are numbers: 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 I have very many numbers and would like to seek out all patterns which are at least: 1 0 1 or 0 1 0 they even can be 0 1 0 1 0 1 As long as there are no two same numbers at once. I would be very grateful for help since it is very timeconsuming to find them by myself. Kind Regards Kaido

Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I can do this for you.

Can you provide me the sheet please? And I will build you the Macro for this.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Test.xlsx

• File ID: 560990

• File size: 15.1 KB

• Time to live: 7 days

Download link:

http://wikisend.com/download/560990/Test.xlsx

Open, Close and Pips columns are important. Open - Close = Pips
I need to search the Pips column for patterns that are in a sequence.

The first 5 pips results are:

-0.0011
+0.0008

-0.0003

+0.0008

-0.0006

in other words it is

-

+

-

+

-

It would be great if that macro can find here patterns like:

-+

-+-

-+-+

-+-+-

etc..

For me the only important thing here is to find all patterns where there are no positive or negative values in sequence. Like ++ or --, and I need all possible other patterns. -+-+-+ means that it contains a pattern of -+, also -+-, also -+-+ etc. If that macro can calculate all these possible patterns and give me the numeric values for them, I would very much appreciate that and have no problem to buy this service from you.

Info: The numeric values in pips column are not important, important is only whether the value is negative or positive.

Kind Regards,
Kaido

Ok, this is different to your intial request.

Before you wanted the patterns

1 0 1 or 0 1 0

Now, you want to have a total of the pips that are just + numbers or just - numbers?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My english is not very good, sorry.

I would like to see the pips column that has different patterns and which has not two same values in sequence.

Its ok, I just need to correctly understand

So for

-0.0011
0.0008
-0.0003
0.0008
-0.0006
-0.0008
-0.0005
-0.0007
-0.0011

The first 4 values you want highlighted, then ignore the rest as these are - in sequence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking these numbers only as positive "+" or negative "-" ones. The numerical values of these are not important. I am only looking for the patterns which this column creates. If there are two ------ or ++++++++ patterns, then these are not important. Only patterns which are like "+-+", "+-", "-+", "+-+-", "-+-+", etc. So that every next value is opposite of previous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maybe it is easier to speak through phone?

ok, and how are these patterns meant to me shown?

We cannot do phone sorry.

Can you not show example in the file and upload?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Ill try to put that in the file and then i will upload, sec

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok it should be here. I am here if you have any questions.

Test.xlsx

• File ID: 476252

• File size: 17 KB

• Time to live: 7 days

Download link:

http://wikisend.com/download/476252/Test.xlsx

ok, I believe I understand, bubt then you add columns with

1,2,3,4,5,6 opposites.

Do you not just want the total opposite next to the value?

Why did you add these extra columns now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was not sure where to represent the opposite total values. Only total opposite is not showing the full information unfortunately, because I need to make several other analyzis later and then I need all possible opposites even if there is a bigger pattern, then it is needed to see the smaller opposite patterns inside the bigger one (all opposites should be seen and counted).

Im sorry, I just dont understand exactly what you want done.

I believed it to be

"Seek out all patterns which are at least: 1 0 1 or 0 1 0 they even can be 0 1 0 1 0 1 As long as there are no two same numbers at once."

Then it switched to totals of + / - per number.

Now we have these additional columns. I just cannot see what it is exactly that you want done.

I will opt out for another expert that may better understand your requirement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for my english.

I would like to see counted all patterns in Pips column which are opposite to previous direction ( if right now is positive and previous was negative then this is what i am looking for). And it would be great if excel can count these patterns and give a result somewhere on the table.

If there is a pattern like +- then they are opposite to each other and these should be counted. If there is +-+- then these are also opposite ones and should be counted. But this +-+- also contains +- and +-+ and -+- patterns etc.

Sorry for my english Ill try my best.

Its ok, I just dont really understand what you need.

So another expert who may, should be with you soon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thx

Your welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

Do you know approximately when somebody can look this situation through? Maybe via phone I can explain better what is needed.

No sorry, as soon as an expert takes up your case, you will be notified.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay.

In the meanwhile I try to explain again, maybe this time I can explain better:

I need a formula or a macro only for the PIPS column which analyzes all opposite data patterns which are together or in a sequence. Important are the cell counts and how many times the cells change their directions.

The reason why I need to calculate the patterns is to use the Martingale System in Day trading. And I need to know how many times I have to invest on one direction until the next direction comes. So I need to calculate the probability from the Pips area and that is the reason why I need to know how often the patterns are different from each other and how long those patterns might expand. For example if I trade on one direction, then for me it is good if the numbers are positive or negative as long as possible. For me it is bad when one cell is positive and next cell is negative. That is the reason why I need excel to find out all the patterns where the direction changes. That way I can enhance my strategy in trading.

Maybe now the information is a little bit more clearer. :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Richard.

I just wanted to know when I might expect this problem to be solved?
The reason why I chose the most expensive solution here was to get the answer during today. Should I start looking from other places or is it possible to get the answer today?

I am sorry for this question but in trading every hour is very impotant.

Looking for a feedback,
Cheers,
Kaido

I also trade, so know the time constraints.

I cannot answer though, how long, as this depends on someone understanding your problem.

But it will be as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay.

Hopefully somebody can help, since this should not be that hard.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can provide you with additional assistance.

I looked at your workbook and I was able to add a column that shows a 1 if the direction reverses (either +- or -+) an then it sums them at the bottom of the column. I've done this in the first column of your example.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Revised Spreadsheet
SQ10

Was that what you were looking for? Please let me know and also please remember to rate my level of service so I will be compensated for my time. Thank you.

Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience: 25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes this is exactly what I was looking for. From here I can make further developments.

Good job!

Thank you very much! If you need anything else, just let me know!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem.