Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

Hi Richard. On the report that you helped me with, I need to

Hi Richard. On the report that you helped me with, I need to print two words that will never change. Is there any other way other that the text box which prompts me when I open the report? Regards. Wendy
Hi Wendy.

Yes there is.

Upload the file again, and tell me the two words that should always appear please.

- Click the following link:
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the words 'BOXES', 'GOODS' and 'KGS' must always print where I have put them on the report and the field = weight must print 3 decimals and it still showing 4 despite me changing the decimal places. Please explain what I am doing wrong so I can learn at the same time (if you do not mind.)

File ID: 198508

This is done Wendy

File ID: 493158

The decimal settings, also needed to be made in the report, so I did this for you as well.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard.... nope - not is still prompting me for the items ... I can see where you put the 'text' items....and they show on the screen but not when I do a print preview....also I need to change my original file as I had it printing perfectly and am too scared to overwright my you need to tell me if it is a text box or what... sorry.

What do you mean prompting you for the items?

You do not want it to prompt at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I click on the report on the left hand side (may be this is wrong) to open the report, a small window "enter the parameter Value" opens for Pack-Type (here I will type 'Boxes') then click OK; the same window opens for GOODS and here I type in Goods; and the same for KGS where I type in Kgs.... now if I delete these fields and leave yours, it does not prompt, but it does not print your little boxes - either on the preview or on the printer. also the decimals are showing incorrectly....

Customer: replied 2 years ago. not want any prompts...

This is wrong, you need to use my button that I made for you to print.

The button on the form.

This is what I made for you.

Are you using this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

... when I run the form (using your button) it still asks the same questions.... with the same window 'Enter Parameter Value'.. I am double clicking on the tab on left hand side named Form 1... and it prints #Name? and the page setup on forms is now totally out....

ok, I am trying to work out what you changed, since my last version I gave you worked, you indicated this.

But download this version please File ID: 588854

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

• File ID: 223752

NamWaybill (1)...

I have deleted all items of this name on my downloads file to make sure I cannot use the wrong one....

Did you run the version I just uploaded for you?

It is File ID: 588854

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will do now...

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure what is going on but I have uploaded the number you gave me. 13:07 and again 13:18 was the time it downloaded onto my machine. And it is still doing funny things....if I print from FORMS it does not prompt me but it adds in a blank page (report option does not) and it prints #NAME where GOODS should be...and same for KGS....

This is because you are not saving Goods ot KGS to a field in the Table.

But what I dont understand is what did you change from the first time I fixed it, to make it not work the way you want?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

. I was working on Reports - - which prints correctly. I will run some more settings from Forms to get page right. As far as the 'static' data goes (GOODS, Boxes, Kgs), does it mean I cannot have these 'words' stand alone without being prompted or showing '#Name?'....

You can, but do you not want the values you entered? As you then need to save them to the Table?

But the version I gave, wont prompt you anymore when printing the report.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the Form is printing without a blank page but I have to keep changing the Margins and I am not sure how to save it so it does not change. Is there a way to set the margins. I have tried going into Access Options but it seems to ignore this.

The problem with saving them to the table is that when I download the data from the Manifest via a .csv file, these items are not on the file, and I was hoping that I could put them as 'static' data on the actual form/report. bu obviously this cannot be done. I will have to put back the prompts so the user can input the static data and as it is only once per report, it should be fine.

ok, revert to an older version that had the prompts, so you can enter this, as if it is not in the table, then someone needs to enter them.

To fix the margins, go to the report design of Report1, and under Page Layout there, you can set the margins.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Richard. The margins worked correctly. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Your most welcome!

It is the margins in the report you need to fix, as this is being printed (not the form).

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you