Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

REQUIRE ANSWERS FOR LAST FIXES IN BOTH DASH & PMASH?

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Lindie,

I found Yegarboy to be an excellent "Expert" and definitely one of the best in this field.

Yvon

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Lindie,

My preference is to wait for Yegarboy to return online as he's well versed with these two similar files.

Yvon

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX looks like you've been waiting for a while. Is this something with which you think I can help?

SQ10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Greetings from the Pacific West Coast of just outside Vancouver Canada,

Although I have had an awesome working relationship with Yegarboy, he's away or unable at the present time and have been waiting to conclude the few fixes on Hockey related 2 x difference but similar workbooks. If you are interested, I can forward both Excel workbook 2003 format plus a set of point form details on what's not working and still left to do as I find myself spending few hours extra per day by manually tabulating the data.

Regards,

Yvon - Hopefully you don't mind dealing with a Frenchman? :) I'm out and about where I could send the files a few hours?

PS: I have kept an earlier post from you on file just inc case...

Sure. That would be great! I don't have a problem with French people.... yet. In fact, I have fond memories as a child of sitting next to my Father watching Hogan's Heroes, which as you probably know, had a character that portrayed an entirely stereotypical Frenchman, and I really liked the little fella. Oh, and I do like Montreal - the first thing I do when I'm there is get the biggest serving of pomme frites (pronounced by me as pom free-tays). And half of me is French Canadian (Bourque - Nova Scotia - and that's the exciting half). I think we'll get along pretty well.

Just upload to anwhere I can download them. Wikisend.com is an easy place... just upload there and paste the link here so I can download.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay here's the 2 x workbooks DASH & PMASH (Hockey talk). In addition, I am including the last remaining items/fixes so both workbooks.

a. DASH - http://wikisend.com/download/747096/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14.xls

b. PMASH - http://wikisend.com/download/514202/PMASH League Activities 13-14.xls

c. Final Corrections - http://wikisend.com/download/294388/DASH & PMASH Proposed Final Corrections 06 Oct 13.doc

I submit you carefully review them and if it is too complex, then no worries I will wait out, but if you feel comfortable to give it a honest try, then please proceed with the DASH 1st while referring to the PMASH for some features vice versa :)

Perhaps, we can assess following each items?

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

OK. Thanks. I have no idea what you're talking about (I have only been to one hockey game). I will download the Dashmash spreadsheets and see if it comes together in my head, once I see what needs to happen. I suspect it will, but I will let you know for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Michael, Hockey talk was just in reference that these workbooks are both related to the running of Hackey Pools! :)

Yvon,

Sure... this looks totally easy. No problem. Very simple spreadsheet indeed. Piece of cake.

When does the season end?

Although I don't know a thing about Hocky, I think that between your ability to explain things and my extraordinary perceived intelligence, we can make this happen. It's definitely a lot of work, but if we do it one step at a time, I think we'll be OK.

I'm starting here with dash item 1. I see there is no formula in D46 - what should those formulas be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Item # XXXXX =SUM(D39:D45) and goes for F46 through K46

Cell D51 is =SUM(D46+D50) It should apply to all 12 x team worksheets.

Therror is when I run the macro of the 12 individual team worksheets called "Update All Stats" it removes these sub-totals.

Ok. This makes sense. How do you usually run the macro. From a button in the spreadsheet or just running the macro directly. I do see the all Update all stats macro.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Expert like you generated a series of macro buttons just like "Update All Stats" and most can be found for the most part and are accessible via "TEAM DASHBOARD".

I do see the macro code. I can do it from there. I just wanted to make sure I was following the same way you use the spreadsheet so I know that what I'm doing is fixing it from your perspective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but I can't take credit for something I didn't create an expert did. I just have the understanding how the 2 x workbooks should work.

Ok... yes. I actually see that it clears the formulas after it gives me the update dialog on completion. This shouldn't be difficult to fix. I will be away from my computer for about an hour to 90 minutes. But then I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and no worries Michael,

Which time zone do you operate from and do you wish to be renumerated?

I am on the East Coast US GMT-5, except when it's GMT-4, like now.

I never say no to renumeration. This is my full time work... I'll be candid... renumeration is a huge motivator for me. Money mouth

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay here's the deal, and it worked out great with Yegarboy (other Expert) when I get the file back answered, then I rate and remunerate where often enough I add a bonus because I am no Excel expert and do appreciate the work. Thought?

Works for me.

First one fixed. Please verfy though.

Revised Spreadsheet
THat is saved as xlsm but renamed. I will fix that as soon as I get back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks :)

I just realized paragraph 2 of the word doc is incorrect and should be replaced with the following:

2. Fix formula in cells C3 {FAPs Left}, K3 {POSN Ranking} and K6 {PTS} as it doesn’t reflect individual teams current ranking nor PTS against the "The Regular Season Standings" worksheet. Data comes from cell ranges D5:D20 {FAPs Left}, A5:A20 {POSN Ranking} and C5:C20 {PTS} as it fluctuates from day to day.

Thanks - Yvon

PS: I have version 2003 of Excel and yes I will eventually upgrade... :)

I saved it to 2003 format. Now you can check the cells to make sure they are not clearing as per #1.

Revised Sheet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would you mind resending it as there is no link to it!

That's very strange. Sorry!

http://brainchamber.com/DASHd.xls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike,

Looks good and please have a look at the attach screenshot file where could you now include the subtotals of row 46 F through K per example.

http://wikisend.com/download/195152/IncrediMail_Screenshot_0007.jpg

Then onto para 2... :)

Oh... yes... I meant to add those in. I will do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I spent 36 years in the military, and my wife think I am too structure Laughing or perhaps attentive to details translation for being anal .....

There's noting wrong with being Anal. I'm fact I tend to surround myself in with military types when I'm hiring because your type and my type (flying by the seat of my pants and making things that aren't supposed to work, work, usually make a great team!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Agree.... Are you closing for the night and kick starting in the morning with paragraph 2 or will you be returning a file tonight? I just want to have an idea when I will be to update the data again.

Sorry... I will do a little more tonight but plan on the morning tonhane something you will have in your hands.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and much appreciated Mike,

Set paragraph or item # XXXXX aside for now as I will provide you with a table (Word document) with reference cells. The "Main_Stats" macro works great, but we just need to amend where the data extracted from all 16 x team sheets.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Ok... Here is number one completed. I changed the VB code to not clear the cells and then I put the correct formulas in 128 cells.
DashE
http://brainchamber.com/DASHe.xls
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Mike,

Item 1 is effectively working and can be closed... :)

Are there any questions with 2 etc.....? I'm leaving for the office an 1.5 hour from now and can answer any until them. I won't update the file today and wait out.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Meant to add Mike with regards to # XXXXX the same macro works 100% in the PMASH file and perhaps can be used as references.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just a follow-up Mike,

I'm off to the office and please just use the PMASH as reference file material only as I will update the statistical data with the overnight games. As far the DASH file goes, please go ahead as I won't touch it from this end today. In addition, please find other reference material necessary for item / paragraph # XXXXX which provides you with an overview to where the source data from each 16 team worksheets originates from. There are 2 x Word document files (DASH & PMASH):

a. DASH - http://wikisend.com/download/680464/DASH Regular Standings PTS 2013.doc

b. PMASH - http://wikisend.com/download/432528/PMASH Regular Standings PTS 2013.doc

With regards XXXXX XXXXX # XXXXX - Player serial code "9999" = to Clear Contents" of any particular rows. Unfortunately, there are a few rows that although I enter "9999", then run the macro "Update All Stats" it doesn't clear the row as expected.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you for all the additional info, Yvon. I will dedicate my time to this today and work down the list. So far, no questions.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
This one was significantly more challenging, but I think I've got it. Please double check my work to make sure I didn't miss anything. I used index/match to do a lookup on the stats page to assign the stats to each team sheet.

http://wikisend.com/download/235718/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14e.xls
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent Mike....

**Important** Please this one in mind (parking lot for now) as it will be required on the PMASH workbook too..

Okay onto item/paragraph # XXXXX? If you run the macro on the PMASH off the Master DASHBOARD (Master Worksheet) you will be able to view as it purpose is the same.

Thanks - Yvon

PS: What is this about being significantly more challenging, not so for an Expert like you :)

Yvon, there are times I can't remember if I have to go to the bathroom. I'm not a spring chicken any more and this type of work excersises one's brain. But my human brain still has the edge over computers.

Yvon, is that the one called "Free Agents" (I don't see a Pull free agents). When I run that Macro, it pulls of a list of Dash Free agents.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

See screenshot view - The Pull Free Agent macro button is located on the Master sheet far upper right (called MASTER DASHBOARD) and yes it is the Free Agent.

http://wikisend.com/download/392840/IncrediMail_Screenshot_0008.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I omitted to ask if you wouldn't mind including from the PMASH Free Agent worksheet (copy/paste) the "Update Salaries Fill Color" macro onto the DASH (Free Agent) sheet per screenshot?

http://wikisend.com/download/475312/IncrediMail_Screenshot_0009.jpg

Thanks - Yvon

PS: What it does is to color code all RED for "RFA" green (UFA) and blue (UNSIGNED) = to time saving for this old geezer here!

Ok... I tracked the issue down to cell ranges in the vb code that needed to be adjusted. Here's the update.

http://wikisend.com/download/331268/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14f.xls

I need some help on item 4 under DASH. I'm not sure what sheets are being referred to here - for example, what sheet changed? Where are the references to the changed sheet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The sheets being referred to are the 16 x teams themselves (1919 Gen Strike, Canuckleheads, Cyclones, Flycasters, Gilly's Gamers, Millionnaires, Nighthawks, Octopuses, Old Time Hockey, Polar Bears, Poolmaster, Screaming Eagles, Snipers, Snowmen, Team StickDeath and Toothless Wonders). Using October 18th stats, I've also provided you with a general table where I referred at the top highlighted in YELLOW which cells of these 16 x team worksheets data (dark grey color = columns C, F, I and L) are being extracted/pulled from to fill the 8 x scoring categories "Stats" worksheet.

Unfortunately, its been so long I don't remembered or recalled if the Expert at the time usedVLOOKUP command or something else's.

The macro itself works great....

Does this help?

It will help me to figure it out. As you know there are a LOT of sheets in this workbook.

I know about the 16 team sheets.

What I'm trying to understand is what cells are not correct... can you just provide an example of a sheet name and cell location? Just tell me what's wrong with that cell as an example and I should be able to take it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The "Stats" sheet is an ROLL-UP of all the individual team sheets. The fact is the team sheets were re-done, it affected the sources where the stats are pulled from. Right now all dark grey cells are incorrect. The word document provides you which cells from the individual team sheets they are to be pulled / extracted from. Once you have it figure out the one team i.e. 1919 Gen Strike it should help you.

For an example in the GOALS category (1st grouping) 1919 Gen Strike's reference cell is G31, Assist H31 etc.... The Word table provides you with that!

Does this help? if not, then perhaps skip # XXXXX and let's go to 5 etc....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike,

Here's the big picture of the "Stats" worksheet. If this doesn't help, then I submit you skip to # XXXXX :)

http://wikisend.com/download/562666/DASH Stats 26 Sep 13.xls

This issue isn't the macro called "Main_Stats" itself as the macro works, rather your Expertise is sought to come up with an answer reference table "perhaps"?

Sorry without the ability to sit down with you its hard to convey through this format. Grrrr

Ok. I think I understand... this one is going to take a little while

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Crossing my fingers here :) as this one I input manually then run the macro grrrr... Again if (I know you will based on your introductory comment where you stated you enjoy challenges :)).

This solution when found will need to be parked as it will also be required for the PMASH file although it will be 12 scoring categories vice 8 for the DASH.

Much to my surprise, I think I've been able to solve this with an uber-complex formula. I did create a reference sheet to match up the display name with the sheet name and then did an indirect reference. I just have to put the formula in all the tiny boxes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Awesome!!!

Please bear in mind each grouping will fluctuate from day to day based on individual overnight NHL games.

Did my last "big picture file" help you to understand the requirement better?

Thanks - Yvon

Yes... the big picture file help enourmously.

By the grouping fluctuating, I hope you mean the order of the team stats, which I didn't touch. The numbers are based on the name of the team placed in each column of the stats sheet - it looks up that team name, finds the name of the team sheet, then it grabs the value from the appropriate cell on the team sheet. So regardless of the order in each column, they will be accurate.

I have at least an hour or two more to finish this step because there are a lot of places I have to put this formula and there are several places I have to change it for each line. But once it's done you won't have to touch it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes team stats and the macro called "Main Stats" will do the rest... Sorry for taking so long... For me countless less hours having to manually tabulate.

It's certainly worth it in the long run. I can't even imagine updating these manually all the time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike,

In preparation for the work on the PMASH file, would you like me to re-do the big picture this time from the PMASH perspective as there are only 12 x teams this time there are 12 x categories?

If it's really similar to this one, then you won't have to go through that. Now that I understand the way the pieces fit together, I should be able to adapt to that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same idea and again less teams and more categories. This said, you should have in your possession a Word Doc with the references cells?

Ok... Here is the most recent version with the formulas in for the stats page. I found that the "big picture" that you gave me to be very helpful - the cell references in it were exactly correct whereas the first one I was looking at was causing me a bit of confusion... the last one you sent me was the key. I would suggest careful inspection to make sure that it is correct. I've gone 9 hours looking at it without really taking a break so there could be errors. As careful as I am (as I'm sure you can attest to!) it needs a second set of critical eyeballs. Please don't assume that what I've done is correct (you won't hear me saying that very often!)

http://wikisend.com/download/374966/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14h.xls

I have to take a bit of a break and some Alieve. But I will be back. I think the PMDash will be easier because of the similarities.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike,

Take a well-deserved break. I will perform the ultimate test in a bit where I will download the overnight stats from last NHL games via Yahoo and run all macros. At least with your fixes it still confirms this Nighthawks 1st overall standing :).

Serial 5 - No longer require, it now seems to be working just fine :)

As far Item # XXXXX goes, is to do with both Drop Down list in "Salaries sheet column B" and "Master sheet column D" where in both instances it only list A through M vice A though Z?

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whoo Hoo!!!!! 10 minutes and all stats jives including your latest Regular Standings main Stats!!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Update Mike,

Please carry-on with the following updated DASH file:

http://wikisend.com/download/239994/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14.xls

All is 100% good so far....

Good work... Yvon

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
I will. Please remember renumeration. I dedicated my entire day to the project. In case you aren't aware... our only compensation is a portion of the rating and a portion of the bonus... I have to choose between working on a project vs working on 30/questions or so each day. On obviously don't expect to make the same amount when working on a project as I would otherwise... But thought you should know how it works for me (at least what I am allowed to say. Also, I do get a higher % of bonuses but I don't think I'm supposed to say that.

Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Mike,

I couldn't agree with you more, so far I paid $105 CDN on a total budget of $250US set aside for this project. My dilemma is I am required to pay the minimum $48US each single time I rate as being "Excellent" + Bonus. I would rather pay the $48US only once and give you a greater % of the bonus that could be much greater.

Okay where do we go from here, I accept the rating and add a bonus, but I will have to scale down what is left to do i.e. serials # XXXXX 7, & 8 (DASH). Serials # XXXXX and 3 only (PMASH). For the last PMASH when ready I will need to resend the updated version of it.

Thanks - Yvon

You are correct. It is best to leave the rest as a bonus. I will work on these other items and see how quickly I can get them done.

Yvon, for #6, I don't have a pulldown on the master sheet for column D. What I have for Column D here is a menu button and then a list of players. On Salaries column B, I also have players name - no pulldown.

It looks like Update Saleries Color is working on from the Team Dashboard. Can you confirm this?
Also, for the "RED FONT feature"... can you please elaborate on that? I don't know yet what the red font feature is or what it applies to.

On PMASH... added the salaries dashboard and the form/macro to check for duplicates.

http://wikisend.com/download/241748/PMASH League Activities 13-14.xls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike, but it isn't fully working where it should by right of this exercise highlighted in YELLOW any duplicates and per the DASH there's at least 1 x Duplicate (XXXXX XXXXX).

Sorry... I had to add in a formula.

Revised sheet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:) Thanks Mike...

Earlier this morning I send through this process $150!

What's your goal today so we are on the same frequency? :)

Yvon

I'm going to try to finish this up.

I am working on the stats now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're the man Mike.... :) I'm of the office for an hour or so!!!

OK... I will send back to you what I have soon.
Just so you know... there was no bonus added that I can see applied. You might want to check to see if it was applied to the answer. I would do it myself, but for obvious reasons, I don't have control over the $$.

Here's the PMASH with all the stats working (I think).

Revised with stats

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ryan,

The $$ are being coming off my credit card and to date only the 1st $48 came out and suspect the remainder will come tomorrow I hope. Total bonuses is $109CDN + $96CDN for answering both questions. I can check with the moderator... Trust me I've done this countless times over times. (Sorry)

The PMASH file looks v-good and the only item left on both is the RED FONT per as identified on both Master sheets and subsequently reflecting in various team and current roster sheets. For some strange reasons it got forgotten on the "FREE AGENTS" sheet, again these are to earmarked those who are rookies.

Lastly, are you a macro GENIUS? If so are you interested in tackling the last NEW item? If so I will rewrite in better English the desire MACRO.

Thanks - Yvon

I never really thought of myself as being a macro genius... but after pulling this off, I'm surprising myself. I will take care of the red font. Now I know what you mean. I am always ready for another project, Yvon!

I know you have an excellent history with JustAnswer, so I'm not worried about you at all - (I prefer being candid although it can get me in trouble) it's the system - the only reason I mentioned it is because the month ends today and today vs. tomorrow doesn't usually make a difference... except on the last day of the month.

Whatever project you have... bring it on. I'm impressed with your abilility to explain these rediculously complex spreadsheets to me so I could understand them!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike,

You mentioned above you could do something from your end, and while keeping in mind it is Halloween night :) and the last day of the month, perhaps it would be best?

As far the NEW project, I can follow separately as it has to do with current macros on both the DASH & PMASH files.

It's sort of the opposite - I actually can't do anything on my end. With good reason (not that I can't be trusted, mind you), the Expert has nothing to do with payment whatsoever... and we're technically not even supposed to discuss it Sealed. So there is no channel for me to go through and check on something like that. It seems counterintuitive, I know... but it's for the protection of the customer and the customer's privacy.

I'm now an expert on DASH and PMASH macros. In fact, I have a folder on my desktop that is called "DASHPMASH".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I need to step out for a few minutes and when I return I will try to connect with Lindie! And I will put a small synopsis of the new requirements!

Fantastic! That's cool that you know Lindie. I love her... she is fantastic and a big asset here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Handle!!! $100 added bonus should be on its way now...Sorry for the inconveniences. I called Just Answer Toll Free #.

Don't worry... thank you! I appreciate it.

I am going to finish those fonts for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome....

The RED FONT update does applies to both files :)

Now here's the file and the new requirement?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z8womwdrznr7deo/Just_Answer_Ultimate_MEGA_Macro_31_Oct_13.doc

Thought?

Thanks - Yvon

Sure. We can do this. It won't be any harder than what we've done so far!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But we need the individual ones left as is to (plotting internal strategies). Well if you are a RED SOX fan, then congratulations on winning the World Series couldn't happen to a better City following the Boston Marathon tragedies!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Meant to ask Mike, did you off the Word Doc completed serial/item # XXXXX both on the DASH and PMASH? Not drop Box rather Auto Filters where when applied only goes to "M" rather to "Z".

No, I didn't because I don't have what I thought were drop downs. If they are filters I will check that. What sheet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Item # XXXXX goes, is to do with both "Auto-Filters" Column B in "Salaries sheet and Column D in "Master sheet where in both instances it only list A through M vice A though Z? This fix applies to both the DASH & PMASH. Thanks!

Will do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Michael,

Are you in receipt of your bonus payment? Do you have any questions or need for additional information?

Thanks again - Yvon

Thank you, Yvon. I think I am all set. I took some time off this morning, but I am back at work. I will work on the final changes shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Acknowledged thanks!

You're welcome. You might think I always want to get in the last word.... that's somewhat true because the system requires me to respond before I can do anything else. So if I seem to send you a lot of "OK" or "got it" responses, I'm not trying to dismiss you or anything... it's just that I have to respond with something - proving that computers are still no match for humans.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Michael,

No worries here but any chance getting back these two files later tonight?

It's a very busy day/evening statistics wise.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Yes. Sorry. I will get them back to you today. Yesterday was a bit crazy... I should no better than to take a break! I apologize. I know it's been two days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No worries Mike, we all have a life too good to see you too have some of these so called "crazy" days. Thanks - Yvon PS: Tomorrow is my only day to catch and update all including my two web sites as I will be away next week.

Don't worry. I will have this back to you today so you can take your week away as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I trust and have faith in my new Expert colleague!

Yvon, for some reason, I'm having a problem with the font color! I am working on it right now, though. Not sure of the reason because it appears to me that it should be working. I will get back to your in a few.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike,

Perhaps you could look and see how the other Expert did for the "Current Rosters" sheet? Just a suggestion! Were you successful with the MEGA macro? :)

Yvon

I did use that - it has to be something I'm overlooking. That's how I know it should work, because it does with the current rosters.

I had not done the MEGA macro - would you like me to move to that and come back to this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes - macro = to time saving!! :)

Ok. I wasn't even thinking of the macro as I was thinking of it as a separate project. But I can move to that and fix the little stuff later. It makes sense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wink Just in case: http://wikisend.com/download/435930/Just Answer Ultimate MEGA Macro 31 Oct 13.doc

Got it. I will work from this.

Yvon, I wanted to give you an update. I'm working on the Mega-macro, but as is often the case, it's proven to be a little more challenging than I thought it would be (for various reasons, such as the macros being private subroutines tied to the buttons).

I'm still confident about doing it, but I don't think I'm going to have it ready tonight. I know you mentioned some time off - when is the next time you will be available? Will this be something that we can test without waiting for a fresh download?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have access to my laptop throughout including emails. What I will do is update the data and websites with what I have here. Therefore, you can keep the two workbooks until you have the MEGA macros completed. Once completed I can always add the data where all player data is move around by player IDs.

As far downloading stats directly from Yahoo, it can be done countless times during a day.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually understand what you are saying. Ok. I will work with these workbooks and I will keep working on this. I hope to have it ready for a test tomorrow. I just don't want you to be waiting and expecting it tonight if I don't think it's going to happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is scary, my wife of 30 years still can't understand what I am ever saying :).

Seriously, I meant to add, downloads from Yahoo can be done daily and/or as often as one want to perform them. I fly out later afternoon tomorrow and returning Thursday evening. I will be able to respond prior to going into my meetings or following the end of each working day.

OK. I will keep you updated on the status. Have a safe trip!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Afternoon Mike,

As you work on both workbook, could you when you have a chance have a look at the PMASH file per attach screenshot at 2 x columns in yellow have no "formulas" per all other 10 groupings (dark grey)?

http://wikisend.com/download/405634/IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpg

Thanks - Yvon (off to the airport)

Sure. I will find out what happened to them and put them there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

Just checking -in to see how the 2 x workbooks are coming?

Regarding the DASH, you recalled fixing the "debug error" 1004 on the macro called "Update Free Agents"? just wondering if your latest copy has it fix? Because the copy I have here still coming up?

Just querying here - I have been updating the 2 x files with this past few days NHL overnight stats and was wondering if you want them to work from?

Thanks - Yvon

Sure... If you have updated versions I can use, I'll tale them. The debug error no longer comes up on mine but I can check the one you upload to see if anything is different. Still working on the mega macro, though. It hasn't been an easy task so far!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay Mike,

Here's the latest files as requested.

DASH - http://wikisend.com/download/350702/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14.xls

PMASH - http://wikisend.com/download/247158/PMASH League Activities 13-14.xls

Will you be able to update your latest work on either OR both files as these are live data?

Lastly if those 2 x MEGA macros are a way to complicated to generate perhaps I should disregard the ide :( where the last thing I want to do is to waist your time and efforts.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

PS: I am still away and flying back late afternoon tomorrow.

Yes, I can move the work over to these spreadsheets.

I've come this far, so I will finish them!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back home! My aim was not to ask for something hard or impossible to do. Thanks - Yvon

Nothing is impossible.

There are a fair number of things that are hard, though, and they are usually the things worth doing. If I determine that it's not going to be practical without a lot of additional work, I will let you know. I'm making progress so far. So you know, I haven't been working on it full time. If that were the case, I would have thrown in the towel by this point. I'm working on it in between other work, which has allowed me to keep working at it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Mike,

With a full schedule today/tonight, is there an opportunity before tomorrow morning to have both files completed as I am now running slightly behind?

Sorry for troubling you with this task!

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

I will do my best to make it happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:) Thanks - Yvon

PS: Can I resend the 2 x workbooks a bit later to update your work onto the current and more updated data? If not that's fine I can re-input.

You can send me an updated version at any time. Transferring to a new version is very easy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wow excellent Michael,

As long I can update my 20 + partners in both Hockey pool Leagues, then there's no imminent urgency, thus less bugging on my part!! I've completed 1 of 2 and should have them going your way in a way less than an hour. Thanks - Yvon

Ok.. I will download them shortly after.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Michael,

Please find enclose the latest and most updated DASH & PMASH data files including last night overnight NHL games.

DASH - http://wikisend.com/download/574236/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14.xls

PMASH - http://wikisend.com/download/417948/PMASH League Activities 13-14.xls

Do I take progress is being made? :)

Thanks - Yvon

Yes it is. Slowly but surely. I will use the updates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Michael,

Where are we with the final updates and the new mega macro? In the mean time here are the latest updated files as there's been many activities including overnight stats:

DASH - http://wikisend.com/download/283720/DASH Regular Season Activities 13-14.xls

PMASH - http://wikisend.com/download/498906/PMASH League Activities 13-14.xls

Many thanks :) - Yvon

Sill working on it with my nightly time... I will download the latest and incorporate them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Michael,

Please accept my thanks and sincere appreciation for all your work, time and patience but there 's no longer a need to complete as both files are now answered and fixed, and I really needed to move on here.

I will definitely keep you in mind and referred to others as your work is outstanding and will be more than happy to leave a bonus and positive feedbacks so others can read and connect with you.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate it. It has been a pleasure. I appreciate your patience. I apologize for this last part dragging on, but with the busies time of the year upon us, my time to work on it has been limited to late at night.

Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist