Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Have been using MS Office since Office XP and know VBA coding very well
59162784

I have many DVDs which are not subtitled (closed captioned).

I have many DVD's which are not subtitled (closed captioned). I am profoundly deaf and need subtitles. Is there any way I can add subtitles to a DVD? Is there any hardware or software which does that?
Please note that I have already paid the necessary subscription in connection with another separate question, a few days ago.

John Bonwick

Bryan :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

Bryan :

If you watch the DVD's on your computer, then yes it can be done. You would use the VLC Player along with a custom addon which will automatically download the appropriate subtitles for the movie you are watching. Let me know if this is something you'd like to try and I will get the links you need.

JACUSTOMER-cbi0w0fx- :

Bryan, Thank you. Yes. I would like to do this. Please advise. Bear in mind that I'm relatively computer ignorant so make it simple. John Bonwick

Bryan :

Ok. You will first need to download and install VLC from here. After it has been installed, go to this page which will give you the rest of the instructions on how to setup and use the subtitle downloader script. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

Bryan :

I will switch to Q&A format. You should be able to see it then.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan, I’m not sure if my answer got through. Thank you for your reply. Yes I would like to try and do this. Please send me details. Bear in mind, please, that I am relatively computer ignorant. Would I be able to burn a new disc of the DVD with the subtitles? Regards John

Sorry for the delay. I had signed off for awhile. But here are the instructions: