Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert

I need to know if its possible to create a Sharepoint calender

Customer Question

I need to know if its possible to create a Sharepoint calender using sharepoint 2010, that can work externally with Oracle AS 10.1.2? if so, what is the process involved.. and if we plan on migrating to sharepoint 2013 in the future, is it a problem if we use sharepoint 2010 as the webpart?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Sharepoint calendars cannot work directly with Oracle AS, and I'm not sure if anyone would ever have tried this before, but the process would involve using a third party Cloud Connector to integrate the two.

You could try - they may have already developed a solution for this type of integration, and if not they could develop one for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh ok, so theres really no true way it can be done? Also, what do you suggest is the best path to migrating oracle 10.2.1 to Sharepoint 2013. is there an easy fix to that in getting all the users, portlets and everything else into sharepoint 2013 or does it all have to be redone from scratch?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi Izzy,

Again, there is no easy fix for this, as Oracle and Sharepoint are two quite different and rival systems, so migrating is not easy.

To do it easily, you would need to use a third party tool, e.g. Metalogix Migration Manager: