NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

I lost the product key number for my gateway 8 GB computer

Customer Question

I lost the product key number for my gateway 8 GB computer when I moved recently.
I can't make any changes to my microsoft stories or documents.
It was installed with windows 7.
The computer is approximately 5 years old.
I don't have any money to buy a new disc with a product key on it.
Can you help me. [email protected]
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Hugh! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you remember if you had to purchase the license/product key for it (even thought it was already installed on the computer)?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

Thank you,

Can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

, and allow it to run, and try any other option it gives you as needed.

Edit: It looks like like you are away, so I'm canceling the website link for now; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,