Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

I cannot remember my password XXXXX log in to Windows 7. I dont

I cannot remember my password XXXXX log in to Windows 7. I don't have a boot up disk, nor do I know my Microsoft account E-Mail address. I have a store bought machine that had Windows 7 pre-installed.

How do I recover my password ?

Thanks very much.
Windows 7 shouldnt ask for a microsoft account password..

Is it possible you have windows 8 ? Is this what the password XXXXX looks like

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Dustin. Cannot view the image.

I've forgotten the password XXXXX trying to log in to Windows 7.

In trying to reset the password XXXXX I'm being asked for a Microsoft Account E-Mail ??

Windows 7 passwords cant be reset online Kenny, Only windows 8 passwords could be reset that way.

And since the way we would reset a windows 7 or a windows 8 password XXXXX very different, I need to verify whether you actually have windows 7.. Or if you have windows 8.. ( and it sounds like you may have windows 8 )

Question, when you used to be able to use yoru computer, did you have a screen that looks like the screen on this page

Almost like smartphone app screen looks.. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Definitely not a screen that looks like that.

Ok, is it a screen that looks more like this?

Theres two different views of the login screen at the top right of that page..

Also, do you show only one account possible to login into, or do you have multiple accounts Kenny?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dustin,

It's the top left screen and I only have one account possible to log in

Thanks Kenny, you have windows 7.. And that naarrows us down to two possible options.

One option is, we can do a factory restore on your machine, which will reinstall windows with just a few clicks, but will erase all your picturs, documents, files, and reinstall windows so the computer looks like you just turned it on for the very first time after removing it from the box.

Another solution, is if you have a second computer that has a cd drive, we can create a special password XXXXX / reset disk.. It takes a little more effort to do this, but if you have valuable files that you dont want to lose on the computer, then this is t he method we shoudl choose.

How would you like to proceed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have any files etc. on my machine, so a factory restore would work on my machine.

Excellent, then you should be well on your way to a working machine, after you send your next reply.

Your computer, whats the name brand and model.

Such as An Acer Aspire, Dell Inspiron, Toshiba Sattelite?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a Samsung RV511

Samsung makes it pretty easy with the newer laptops, and yours is one of the newer ones..

What we want to do, is shut down your Samsung.. Then hold down the F4 key, and then press Power to turn on the samsung and then rapidly tap the F4 key.

That should bring you into a recovery menu.. We want to do a complete recovery, and when it finishes , your computer will be good as new.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know Kenny.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all the help Dustin

Your very welcome Kenny!

If you still needed further assistance with this issue, your welcome to send a reply and I will continue to help you.

If the above steps helped you to resolve the issue, then it would be appropriate at this time to click one of the rating icons below, and then click submit.

Thanks again,

Dustin S