Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

I cannot get anything to download. Says web sites unavail

Customer Question

I cannot get anything to download. Says web sites unavailable.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to, My name is Dustin and I will do my best to help you with t he issue your having.

When you say you cant get anything to download, are you trying to download using a microsoft office program, such as word or excel, etc.. I ask because this question landed in the microsoft office category.

Could you verify what program is giving you the web site unavailable message.. ( internet explorer, mozilla firefox, google chrome)

And also, how long ago did you start receiving this message.

And last of all, what version of windows do you have on your computer, windows xp, vista, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 ?

Thank you ahead of time for your reply,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on the internet. At first it was just a coupon printer, than another site , none of the sites I visited that needed to download could not do so.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

When your using the internet what browser are you using.. Internet explorer.. Mozilla firefox, or google chrome?

And also Anita, what version of windows do you have, windows xp, vista, windows 7 or 8.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in AOL. I have Windows 7.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Anita..

Instead of using aol, as a test. Please try the following

Once you have reset internet explorer, Using internet explorer.. Go to any webpage and try to download something.

Can you download using internet explorer?