MrBargain
MrBargain, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Friendly Neighborhood Geek... Certified Tech, Webmaster, SEO, More! 18+ Years IT Experience
75878118

After two days I cant create a Users account. Please help

After two days I can't create a Users account.

Please help me. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

MrBargain :

Hi, my name isXXXXX would be happy to try and help you with the account problems you are having.

Customer:

Hi there Stefan I have just bought a 21.6 Samsung with a touch screen and winows 8.1 and am having trouble getting an account

MrBargain :

When you say trouble getting an account, do you mean creating an account for Windows to validate?

Customer:

Yes, the account update page rejects all my entries.

Customer:

Can I start from scratch somehow?

MrBargain :

There are always options. As you know I can't see your screen so bare with me if I ask silly questions.

MrBargain :

What details do you need to provide? A key, name, email? something like that?

Customer:

Okay

Customer:

The program requires Email and password.

MrBargain :

It's a program, not a website correct? And where did you get the email and password XXXXX?

Customer:

I entered them on the full page which requires my details, name, email address, country, visa details I supplied all that but must have messed it up somewhere. PS I live in Auckland NZ

MrBargain :

You entered the billing details for the account and it all seemed to work. Now you are trying to get back in and will not let you in, is that correct? Or are you still trying to create the actual account. If that is the case, do you get an error?

Customer:

When I try to set up mail, I am told I need a Microsoft Account first.

Customer:

Having been directed to the page and filling in the details I return to set up mail but am again told to get a Microsoft Account first.

MrBargain :

Wow, the lightbulb just went off!

MrBargain :

You can create your free Microsoft Account here which you can then use to login to your Windows 8 account.

MrBargain :

As a matter of fact, here is a video you can watch that will explain it much better than I could by typing.

Customer:

The link above, you mean. Another PS I am 89 but haven't entirely lost it yet.

MrBargain :

Yes, you create a free Microsoft account here: https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

MrBargain :

Which will give you an email and password XXXXX you can use to login to Windows.

MrBargain :

I tutor a long of good people on the computer and I have to say... 89, am very impressed at your skill level to be honest.

Customer:

Thanks for your help, I think computers are feminine as they are so contrary.

MrBargain :

LOL agreed!

MrBargain :

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.